PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Howdy folks! Newbie PTperson checkin' in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jul 2007, 07:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Howdy folks! Newbie PTperson checkin' in.

'06 PT LE w/28k, Linen ext./Tan int. Just finished detailing her out, pics to come. The dealer was a nightmare, 3 requests to get stains out of seats with no results. (He also tried to send me home with no brake lights, a busted left front axle, no stem caps, tires w/25 lbs. air, etc.. )

Anyway, just saying Hey. Got the K&N filter on order, Champion Double Platinums/Wiretecs & synthetic oil change this weekend. All thanks to this bitchin' site!

Peace, Love, & Hot Sauce,
dolemite
Old 27 Jul 2007, 07:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Howdy folks! Newbie PTperson checkin' in.

WELCOME to the forum.

You sound a little different than most newbie's as in more knowledgeable about cars, what to look for and what the PT needs. I take it you've been reading the forums before saying "Howdy" as your getting all the right stuff that people have recommended to keep the PT going.

If you fill out your profile, we'll be able to tell a little bit more about you and you might even find someone from your neck of the woods right on the forum.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 07:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, I'm doing battle with that right now!
'06 PT Limited Edition, Linen Gold ext./Pebble Beige int., K&N air filter, Mobil 1 synthetic/K&N oil filter, Crane FireWires & Bosch Platinum 2 plugs, (25 mpg in town - yeah!), Ventvisors, Spoiler, full length Husky Liner, Anti-Microbial cabin air filter, Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover, front ceramic pads & new front rotors, Clarion underseat powered sub, Premium Chrysler emblem mats, stubby antenna, back bumper scuff guard, front windows & windshield tint, 8-ball stemcaps, 8-ball door lock stems, 8-ball cigarette lighter, Rat Fink & NA decals, diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the lean with the gangster scene, mm-hmm..
Old 28 Jul 2007, 05:31 am
Senior Cruiser

Welcome here!
Old 28 Jul 2007, 06:51 am
Young Cruiser

A one year old low milage car with all those problems and a stained interior ?
Old 28 Jul 2007, 08:41 am
Cool Cruiser

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find many mods for that car.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421
Old 28 Jul 2007, 09:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

"A one year old low milage car with all those problems and a stained interior?"

You read my mind from 3 or 4 days ago.. the original dealer (Monarch Dodge in Ft. Lauderdale) fixed the axle & brake lights and then wanted to wash their hands of me. Fortunately, I have a Dodge dealer across the street from where I live. They checked her out Friday, fixed the other half of the front axle and gave me a total checkout - drive train, ignition system, brakes, etc. - all for free, and boosted my faith in Chrysler!

The Carfax showed that it was a rental (Monarch wouldn't do one, natually), so that's probably where the stains & axle repair came from. I actually have a post in the General & Detail forums asking for some advice on resolving the upholstery stuff. Otherwise, it's a terrific car so far - runs like a top, great accelleration for a standard 4-cyl. Looking forward to learning more about it and making some new friends here.
'06 PT Limited Edition, Linen Gold ext./Pebble Beige int., K&N air filter, Mobil 1 synthetic/K&N oil filter, Crane FireWires & Bosch Platinum 2 plugs, (25 mpg in town - yeah!), Ventvisors, Spoiler, full length Husky Liner, Anti-Microbial cabin air filter, Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover, front ceramic pads & new front rotors, Clarion underseat powered sub, Premium Chrysler emblem mats, stubby antenna, back bumper scuff guard, front windows & windshield tint, 8-ball stemcaps, 8-ball door lock stems, 8-ball cigarette lighter, Rat Fink & NA decals, diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the lean with the gangster scene, mm-hmm..
Old 28 Jul 2007, 10:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome !!