Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
gps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Aug 2007, 08:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default gps

any suggestions ,including costs,regarding a gps system in a 2005 pt touring?
Old 06 Aug 2007, 09:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: gps

I got the Garmin last year for Christmas. "Santa" got it from Crutchfield. Never had any problems with it. Forgot what model it is. Wal-mart has them starting at just under $300.
Old 07 Aug 2007, 06:53 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have the Garmin Nuvi 350 - Love it!
Old 08 Aug 2007, 11:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hello
My husband bought me the Tom Tom 910. He bought it at Christmas and spent approx 300.00.
It is the most useful and appreciated gift I've ever received from him.
We spend a lot of time on the road getting to soccer games. Tournaments are notorious for sending misleading directions
It communicates and shows the road. It will show how many miles to the next exit. It recalculates almost instantly when we get off track.
It is small enough to fit in a gallon zip lock under the passenger seat with some space left for the cell phone charger and maybe a CD or two.
Good luck in selecting a model. There are plenty out there, just a matter of finding one which has the features that you want and the price you want to pay.
Old 08 Aug 2007, 02:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i dont have one my brother has the tom tom and loves it !!
Old 09 Aug 2007, 06:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I just bought the Megellan Plug & Go RoadMate 3000T. Does everything but give real time traffic updates. Only the real expensive ones do that. It's got the HERTZ Never-lost system technology which means it's easy to use for old guys like me.

I get this catalog Heartland America: The Best Bargains, Closeouts and Special Buys on Brand Name Electronics, Hardware, Housewares, Jewelry, Computers, Gifts and More! with all kinds a deals on electronics and other stuff. Joined their club so all shipping is free, extended warranty plus discounts.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 09 Aug 2007 at 06:30 am.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 11:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: GPS

I have got one yet but did a little research on consumer reports.They mostly said to get one that is easy to use while driving when its just you.One with a large clear screen that you can see easily.They did really put any of them down but said some are easier to use then others.Because if you dont like how it works you'll just stop trying,and down the tubes goes a couple of hundred bucks.
I'd love to hear from real people which one is like that,I want to give my wife one..
2002 Woody, Limted Edtion,Two Tone Leather Interior ,PW-PL-Heated & Hieght Adustable Seats,Moon-Sun Roof,Crohmed Bumpers & Wheels OEM Dark Tint Glass.K&N Cold Air induction,Crane Igntion & Wires.New Pirelli Pzero Tires. Best of all its a gift from my lovely wife
Old 12 Aug 2007, 02:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I know I've not added much to the boards, but I have had a MIO gps unit and LOVE it. I'm not sure how it's accuracy is compared to other units, but it gets me where I'm going when I don't have a clue. I've heard you can even hack it and load Tom-Tom maps to it. It has a slot for a sd card as well as a (hard to use for me) mp3 player option. I've seen them for as little as $189 at Circuit City, Staples, etc.
The great thing I appreciate about it is it's portability, as it contains it's own Li-ion battery (i think) or other hi rate source so you can take it walking or bicycling (GeoCaching).
Old 12 Aug 2007, 02:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wife and I went out yesterday shopping. We live between cities so travel about 10-12 miles for the big stores. About to start home and since we've haven't used the navigation unit, thought I'd give it a try. Hit the buttons (HOME already programmed in earlier) and off we went. Wife couldn't believe it when it started talking and giving us directions turn by turn (like it's supposed to do) warning when approaching a turn, a "ding" when you have reached the exact point of turn and telling us how far till the next turn. She thinks it's the greatest invention since sliced bread.

Completely portable, holds power for 6 hours or charged up with car or home plug. Only took about 10 seconds to find a satellite when I turned it on.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 08:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

We have a Garmin 2730 "refurbished" that we paid $299 with free shipping. It has all the maps preloaded. It is totally awesome! We got it from a place called "Get Feet Wet.com." Their prices are great and they back up their products. We've name her "Lola." She just took us on a 6000 mile trip and we never cracked open a map. "Lola" even speaks in an Australian accent. Good luck and happy motoring.