PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Battery disconnect = MPG reset. Howzit work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Aug 2007, 11:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Battery disconnect = MPG reset. Howzit work?

New guy here, I did it and it works, but how & why? I read where someone installed a battery kill switch that they use at every fillup.. I've done it twice, and it starts at 24.9 MPG I think. Doesn't stay there a long time, usually ends up back around 22.5. That's a mix of city & highway with AC on, no hotfootin'. Mine is an 06 Limited auto, non GT or Turbo. Anyway, what's the deal with the battery reset? How often do you do yours?

Thanks.
'06 PT Limited Edition, Linen Gold ext./Pebble Beige int., K&N air filter, Mobil 1 synthetic/K&N oil filter, Crane FireWires & Bosch Platinum 2 plugs, (25 mpg in town - yeah!), Ventvisors, Spoiler, full length Husky Liner, Anti-Microbial cabin air filter, Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover, front ceramic pads & new front rotors, Clarion underseat powered sub, Premium Chrysler emblem mats, stubby antenna, back bumper scuff guard, front windows & windshield tint, 8-ball stemcaps, 8-ball door lock stems, 8-ball cigarette lighter, Rat Fink & NA decals, diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the lean with the gangster scene, mm-hmm..
Old 07 Aug 2007, 07:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Black_Sunshine98
Default Re: Battery disconnect = MPG reset. Howzit work?

well i know in Neons(2000-2006) its compute learns driving habbits ect,sets your shift points a little different and changes air/fuel.....by reseting the computer it goes back to manufacter settings..alot of my buddys would reset the cpu about 15 miles aways from the track and drive like a maniac,seemed to work for them...i had a 98 so none of that stuff for me...LOL
Old 06 Jun 2013, 10:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Battery disconnect = MPG reset. Howzit work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolemite View Post
New guy here, I did it and it works, but how & why? I read where someone installed a battery kill switch that they use at every fillup.. I've done it twice, and it starts at 24.9 MPG I think. Doesn't stay there a long time, usually ends up back around 22.5. That's a mix of city & highway with AC on, no hotfootin'. Mine is an 06 Limited auto, non GT or Turbo. Anyway, what's the deal with the battery reset? How often do you do yours?

Thanks.
I ran across this ReLearn procedure here:
http://my.cardone.com/techdocs/PT%2077-0007.pdf

I know this thread is old, but maybe the above procedure can be useful to someone...