Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Looking for Off White Rims

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2007, 11:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Looking for Off White Rims

Hi, I've been in an out of your forum for about a month now. And have learned lots of good information. I have a 2006 PT Touring Edition, eggshell color. I'm looking for rims that match the eggshell color of the car. All I've been able to find is bright white. I don't think that would look to well. I also considered black rims, but against black tires I think it would be to much black. I've done all kinds of searching on the net and I can't find off white rims. Can anyone give me a few tips on where to look?
Old 09 Aug 2007, 02:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Looking for Off White Rims

Look in the Yellow pages Yellow Pages and more phone book services at Yellowbook.com for Powder Coating as I dought if you'll find off-white wheels. Powder coating isn't as expensive as you may think. I had my Vette engine (5 pieces = Plenum (center piece), runner tubes (both sides), and both valve covers) done for $200.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Aug 2007, 02:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info. I was kinda afraid I wouldn't be able to find any. I thought of having a auto body shop paint them or do the powder coat thing. But I would still need to by rims I like. Does the finish of the rim matter if I was to have them painted or powdered coated? ex: steel , alumimum, alloy. Would one be eaiser to work with or hold up longer with the white paint or powder coat?
Old 09 Aug 2007, 02:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wow, sorry, don't really know. My parts are alloy, at least that's what the powder coating shop told me. I would guess that anything painted or powder coated and done right will hold up fairly well for a long time. The picture I posted is two years old and all I have to do to keep it clean is dust it down.

I know they sand-blasted the parts first, and I would think all shops would do the same before painting or powder coating ...at least the good shops.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 09:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

you could always get a set of steel rims and have a body shop paint them to match the car
Old 10 Aug 2007, 12:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yes, I thought of that to, but was reminded they can chip easily with paint. I did call a shop that does powder coat and he would charge $50 per rim on alloy, aluminum, steel. Cast rim would run about $80. I think I may go that route, they won't chip this way either. Buy the rims I like, then later get them powder coated to match the car. I've seem pictures of white cars with white rims and wow is that ever classie looking. I can't wait!!