Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Super Charger-is it a viable option?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2007, 08:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Super Charger-is it a viable option?

Lately I've been reading a lot of build ups in the car mags.I was wondering if instead of going the turbo route if any one has ever used a super charger?Ive seen them advertised for a lot of muscle cars ,but not for a PT.I've looked at the sites for vortech,and a few others but all I find is units for V6 V8 model cars.I've read about them being used on import 4 bangers ,but I have had any luck finding any info for PTs.
Any one know if there are any on the market or if its even possible?
2002 Woody, Limted Edtion,Two Tone Leather Interior ,PW-PL-Heated & Hieght Adustable Seats,Moon-Sun Roof,Crohmed Bumpers & Wheels OEM Dark Tint Glass.K&N Cold Air induction,Crane Igntion & Wires.New Pirelli Pzero Tires. Best of all its a gift from my lovely wife
Old 18 Aug 2007, 06:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Super Charger-is it a viable option?

Easy,

Superchargers were made for the 01-02 cruisers by both Hahn and Whipple. They stopped making them for 03 and up because that's when the computers had a change and the turbo's came out.

Check out this site for a lot more information: index

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 10:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Super Charger-is it a viable option?

Thanks man,I love this car,but here in Oklahoma it seems like everybody & there brother drives a pick up or a huge suv.Even I did until I could'nt stand the mpg.Thing is I would just like the power to get the hell out of the way.I have noticed that since the switch from my full sized & lifted Blazer to the PT I get treated with a lot less respect on the road.Come to think of it even in it people drove like idiots I'd love to switch to a GT cruiser ,but 2 car payments and the Harley too dont leave a lot of room in the budget.
Hopefully I'll get one down the road before the marketing genus' at Chrysler stop making them.Guess I should try & hurry huh
2002 Woody, Limted Edtion,Two Tone Leather Interior ,PW-PL-Heated & Hieght Adustable Seats,Moon-Sun Roof,Crohmed Bumpers & Wheels OEM Dark Tint Glass.K&N Cold Air induction,Crane Igntion & Wires.New Pirelli Pzero Tires. Best of all its a gift from my lovely wife