Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need successful PT purchase tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Aug 2007, 10:26 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Need successful PT purchase tips

I'm wondering if anyone had successes in buying their dream PT from a dealer and how it was done. I sure could use some tips on getting a good deal, considering I'm a single, hearing impaired gal. I traded in for my 2002 PT but at a cost...but now that I've got my old PT paid off, I need to know how I can pull off trading up to a 2006/2007 PT. BTW, the dealership is partnered with my credit union.

Thanks so much

Cruisinbabe
Old 28 Aug 2007, 02:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Need successful PT purchase tips

Well, if you have any equity in the Credit Union, use might use that for a back-up to get a preferred interest rate. Other than that, all I can say is wait till the 08s start arriving and they should be willing to part with the 07 or better yet any new 06s that they have left over for rock bottom price.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 02:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum

Normally going thru your CU will give you the best deal. You could watch the ads in the newspaper for sales. You can to Chrysler's web site and design your own PT to get a idea of the cost prior to going to your CU to see what is available.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 28 Aug 2007, 02:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Well, if you have any equity in the Credit Union, use might use that for a back-up to get a preferred interest rate. Other than that, all I can say is wait till the 08s start arriving and they should be willing to part with the 07 or better yet any new 06s that they have left over for rock bottom price.
when do they typically bring in the new crop of cars? I thought it was around September?
Old 28 Aug 2007, 03:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinbabe View Post
when do they typically bring in the new crop of cars? I thought it was around September?

Yes it is. They already announced a new limited model that will only have 500 of them made. The rest of the 08s will be about the same except they are doing away with the High Output Turbo. Just call the dealer, don't give your name and ask if they have any new 08s in yet.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 05:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

I prefer to do my homework thoroughly:

is there any difference between the 2006's and 2007's models?
Old 29 Aug 2007, 08:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I have a '06, there MAY be a few cosmetic differences, but I think maybe only some new colors.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 29 Aug 2007, 01:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need successful PT purchase tips

One of the more important details of car trading is to know exactly what your car is worth before you go to the dealer. That includes the retail and wholesale prices. Don't let the dealer be your only source for what your trade in car is worth. Knowing this will tell you if the dealer is dealing fairly with you or not. Also go to different dealers for their best price. You will be surprised on how much $ difference there can be. Check the manufactures website for any rebate promotions too.

I bought my 07 PT Ltd with a cash back offer as a model year end promotion. To bad I bought it 30 days to soon to also get the lifetime drive train warranty.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 03:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinto View Post
One of the more important details of car trading is to know exactly what your car is worth before you go to the dealer. That includes the retail and wholesale prices. Don't let the dealer be your only source for what your trade in car is worth. Knowing this will tell you if the dealer is dealing fairly with you or not. Also go to different dealers for their best price. You will be surprised on how much $ difference there can be. Check the manufactures website for any rebate promotions too.

I bought my 07 PT Ltd with a cash back offer as a model year end promotion. To bad I bought it 30 days to soon to also get the lifetime drive train warranty.
For my 2002 Base Model with 45,000 miles (give or take):

NADA: Clean Trade-In: $5900, Clean Retail: $7600
KELLY BB Trade-in value: $6,000 (in good condition~ but I'm going to assume that I'd get about $5,000/$5,500 because of a couple of dings and nicks)

Next, I'm going to my CU for a list of participating dealers and get their quotes. I've only a list of local dealers, but I'm hoping to spread out further to give me a better chance. Another way is to hook up with other PT owners here in Oregon...to network for info.

As for the end-of-the-year or promo schtuff, I have a choice of either going for the end of the year dealie or go thru my CU for their annual car sale promo in October. And--wasn't it true that car dealers would try to make their quota at the end of each month? Just wondering about that.
Decisions decisions LOL
Old 29 Aug 2007, 03:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

True, at the end of the month, they will deal sharper to make quota. If you wait till then, you'll qualify for lifetime warranty on drive train.