Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
0401 code

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Sep 2007, 11:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 0401 code

does anyone have any idea where the sensor for air/fuel mixture is?code 0401 keeps coming up and setting off mil,HELP,PLEASE!!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 08:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to JaviPTGT
Default Re: 0401 code

i get the samething when i floor it thats when it comes on need help i go to the auto part store every week to get the code of but it comes back on some one help ASAP.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 09:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The whole thing is controlled by the computer. There's a plug in sensor in the ribbed air input tube located between the air filter box and the throttle body. This sensor measures the temperature of the air coming into the throttle body and sends that info to the computer which adjusts the fuel mixture.

The sensor just pushes into the ribbed intake through a groumet but be very careful. The tip of the sensor is the part that does all the measuring and it's very delicate and can snap off real easily.

Just to let you know, there's another list containing fault codes that says something different about the P0401 code and has nothing to do with the air/fuel misture.

P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Flow Insufficient

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 20 Dec 2007 at 09:51 am.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 06:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to JaviPTGT

i found the reson for the code is that i dont enoug fuel so how do i get more fuel in my car help asap
Old 20 Dec 2007, 07:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Your profile says you've been into cars/electronics since you were young. Your gonna have to explain in a little bit more detail why you think you don't have enough fuel and why you can't get more into the car other than the usual way of putting it in the fuel tank thru the filler tube?

The fuel pump and filter are located inside the rear tank. The computer controlls the amount of fuel to be delivered thru the injectors by numerous sensors. The first thing to check is the fuel pressure in the lines to see if there's a blockage from the rear tank, unless you've already done that and that's what your question is really about.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 11:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

your O2 sensor is the only one that actually reads your fuel/air mixture. you should have two, one int he exhaust manifold, the second in or after the catalytic converter.

the code is saying EGR system failure. the major causes are the EGR solenoid/transducer is bad, or the EGR valve itself is stuck open. other lesser causes that i know of are wiring damage or a bad relay.

Last edited by Cartman; 20 Dec 2007 at 11:31 pm.