Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Posting this again...Computer code 301

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2007, 08:03 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Posting this again...Computer code 301

Hi Everyone, I'm posting this again because my friend still has this problem I His problem is with my 03 non turbo cruiser with auto trans. The computer reads a 301 code which is a misfire on #1. he has replaced plugs, wires, coil pack, moved around the fuel injectors, did the WD-40 on the intake, did the chevron bottle in the fuel and still has the miss on #1. It seems to run fine once he gets going and fuel economy hasn't changed. But when parked or just taking off it has the miss but I think seems when he has gotten up to speed and doesn't need much power in maintaining his speed it still misses.
He doesn't know what else to try, could it be the computer itself? What about a burnt valve or a lifter not working all the time? He has almost 100,000 miles on her too. He has ruled out the head gasket this time. Anyone have any idea's?????
Old 12 Sep 2007, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Posting this again...Computer code 301

From a Google search. Here's a couple other things to look for:

A code P0301 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* Faulty spark plug or wire
* Faulty coil (pack)
* Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
* Faulty fuel injector
* Burned exhaust valve
* Faulty catalytic converter(s)
* Running out of fuel
* Poor compression
* Defective computer

Off the subject a little bit. At 100K, is he thinking about having the timing belt, tensioner and water pump replaced?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 10:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Minihemi, did your friend buy this from you? In your above request for help, you mention "My friend" and then later "My 03 non turbo". Just wondering.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 12 Sep 2007, 02:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

No, he is a friend that works next door to my shop in town.
Thanks Crewzin, I will print this out for him

Dale
Old 12 Sep 2007, 07:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIHEMI46 View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm posting this again because my friend still has this problem I His problem is with my 03 non turbo cruiser with auto trans. The computer reads a 301 code which is a misfire on #1. he has replaced plugs, wires, coil pack, moved around the fuel injectors, did the WD-40 on the intake, did the chevron bottle in the fuel and still has the miss on #1. It seems to run fine once he gets going and fuel economy hasn't changed. But when parked or just taking off it has the miss but I think seems when he has gotten up to speed and doesn't need much power in maintaining his speed it still misses.
He doesn't know what else to try, could it be the computer itself? What about a burnt valve or a lifter not working all the time? He has almost 100,000 miles on her too. He has ruled out the head gasket this time. Anyone have any idea's?????
I just got my car back from a Chrysler dealership, my car had a P0304 code. They had my car for over 2 weeks waiting for a fuel injector part, when they got that part they said the gasket crumbled and they had to order one. But to make a long story short, this is what it said on my invoice REPLACED INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET, no mention of a fuel injector? My PT no longer idles rough.. Hope this helps you.

2003 Turbo
Old 13 Sep 2007, 11:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thank you wanabee, I will tell him.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 02:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

keep us posted !!