PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
THE BIGGEST BARN FIND EVER? It aint PTs but if you love cars you gotta see this!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2007, 08:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default THE BIGGEST BARN FIND EVER? It aint PTs but if you love cars you gotta see this!!

You always hear about someone finding an old car in an old barn or garage.
This one is true, Check this out!
A NY man retired. He wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it would last, and decided to buy a home and a few acres in Portugal.
The modest farm house had been vacant for 15yrs.; the owner and wife both had died, and there were no heirs.
The house was sold to pay taxes.
There had been several lookers, but the large barn had steel doors, and they had been welded shut. Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to see what was in the barn, and it wasn't complimentary to the property anyway......so, nobody made an offer on the place.
The NY guy bought it at just over half of the property's worth, moved in, and set about to tear in to the barn.......curiosity was killing him.
So, he and his wife bought a generator, and a couple of grinders.......and cut thru the welds.
What was in the barn...............?
Go to: Barnfinds Portugal and start wishing you had bought the place.
(NOTE: Click on "Next" at the top of the pictures to advance the slide show. Click on "Index" for a one-page montage of the pictures.)

I didnt see this on any threads.The pics are incredible !!!!If your a car nut you'll be green with envyWhy couldnt it be me??
2002 Woody, Limted Edtion,Two Tone Leather Interior ,PW-PL-Heated & Hieght Adustable Seats,Moon-Sun Roof,Crohmed Bumpers & Wheels OEM Dark Tint Glass.K&N Cold Air induction,Crane Igntion & Wires.New Pirelli Pzero Tires. Best of all its a gift from my lovely wife
Old 12 Sep 2007, 10:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: THE BIGGEST BARN FIND EVER? It aint PTs but if you love cars you gotta see this!!

Some people have all the luck
Old 12 Sep 2007, 10:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: THE BIGGEST BARN FIND EVER? It aint PTs but if you love cars you gotta see this!!

I know that Porsche 356 is one of my all time dream cars.It could only happen in another country because our tax guys would have ripped the roof off to account for what might be in the barn They would have been looking for farm equipment and about crapped themselves when they found that
2002 Woody, Limted Edtion,Two Tone Leather Interior ,PW-PL-Heated & Hieght Adustable Seats,Moon-Sun Roof,Crohmed Bumpers & Wheels OEM Dark Tint Glass.K&N Cold Air induction,Crane Igntion & Wires.New Pirelli Pzero Tires. Best of all its a gift from my lovely wife
Old 13 Sep 2007, 05:17 am
Senior Cruiser

Sweet find!
Old 13 Sep 2007, 07:04 am
Fanatic Cruiser

This was on a site a couple monthgs back. It was my understanding it was all staged.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 13 Sep 2007, 01:40 pm
Young Cruiser

It's a picture of someone's barn full of cars that was on the internet many years ago. Someone made up the barn find story and emailed it. Now it's on it's third lap around the world via email. Not true.

If it's too good to be true...you know the rest.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 10:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Damn that's a lot of work for just a hoax.When I ran it thru the search engine I got about 6 different hits right away.Some one would have to go to a whole lot of work to just tell a lie? The cars are cool any ways ,but what would the gain be in setting that all up?? Makes not one lick of sense. If there that bored I have a list of things I could use help with That's a lot of cool cars to get together ,you have to give them credit for that..
Old 14 Sep 2007, 12:33 am
Veteran Cruiser

Cars were put there by a car dealer. As was said this is very old news.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 14 Sep 2007, 02:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

true or not nice car
Old 14 Sep 2007, 03:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Makes you wonder what was the point? Some people have way too much time on thier hands..