Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Couple of things......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 2007, 05:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Couple of things......

The first is the speedo...hard to see. Cost me a speeding ticket yesterday..first one for years. Turned on the headlights and whilst trying to make the speedo light brighter FLASH..gone. Find it hard to read even in daytime. Last but not least I find the accelerator pedal very "touchy" The slightest pressure and off you go..maybe fit a stronger spring ?
Old 14 Sep 2007, 06:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Couple of things......

Yes, the speedometer is extremely hard to see. Not sure exactly why, maybe the colors or the way it sits in the dash but it completely disappears when you have sunglasses on. I'm always having to lift my glasses and stare down at the needle to see where it's pointed. Some owners have changed the background of the cluster for appearance and better visibility.

I don't see a way of changing any kind of spring for the accelerator pedal. Both the accelerator and cruise control wires are on the same control and it looks like a coiled spring works both.

I'm surprised your not asking about the turning radius. The PT and the Dump Truck take about the same amount of space to turn around.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 07:06 am
Regular Cruiser

Forgettabout the speedometer. Just get a radar detecter.

2001 Corvette Convertable, Navy Blue Metalic, Z51, 3:15 with 4" inch quad Borla Stinger Exhausts X Pipe and K&N Filter.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 07:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bados View Post
Forgettabout the speedometer. Just get a radar detecter.
Forget your detector Bados. I could pick you out of a crowd of speeding cars without any problem what-so-ever.

The only time a detector works is when it's pointed at someone far ahead of you and you pick up the residual emissions, and that won't help against lazer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 07:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to apachewoolf Send a message via Yahoo to apachewoolf

bwahahaha.....now that's some funny stuff.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 08:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachewoolf View Post
bwahahaha.....now that's some funny stuff.

That all depends on which side of the emissions your on.

Old 14 Sep 2007, 09:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

It"s my speedo.......not my emissions .......
Old 14 Sep 2007, 09:54 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Forget your detector Bados. I could pick you out of a crowd of speeding cars without any problem what-so-ever.

The only time a detector works is when it's pointed at someone far ahead of you and you pick up the residual emissions, and that won't help against lazer.
You better have a Dr. Evil size "LASER" (done in my best Dr. Evil voice ) to reach daveinozbikes in Australia!!
Old 14 Sep 2007, 01:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinozbikes View Post
The first is the speedo...hard to see. Cost me a speeding ticket yesterday..first one for years. Turned on the headlights and whilst trying to make the speedo light brighter FLASH..gone. Find it hard to read even in daytime. Last but not least I find the accelerator pedal very "touchy" The slightest pressure and off you go..maybe fit a stronger spring ?
That's what happened with me when I saw that I couldn't see my CD player, is when my nephew tweaked the lights...I had to play around til I got what I want. That's odd that as bright as you want it, it shouldn't disappear on you. I'm thinking computer issues? Blown fuses? As for the accelerator, I'm thinking something's getting really worn out. I'm not very mechanincally inclined, so sorry if I'm not much help LOL

My friend from OZ visited me here in the States 2 years ago, and she loved riding around in my lil' cruiser. Funny thing is, she's born and raised in Perth, but lived in Singleton about 3 hours drive NW of Sydney. I just love her accent! She's now married to her sweetie here in IL. I hope someday she'll visit me again. I sure miss my friend.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 01:34 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superwoody View Post
You better have a Dr. Evil size "LASER" (done in my best Dr. Evil voice ) to reach daveinozbikes in Australia!!

I can imagine that Aussies can get away with it driving in the bush....that is, if the cops can catch 'em! LOL