Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Wave?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Oct 2007, 06:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default PT Wave?

Ok...I have to ask. Is there a PT Wave? Ya know like the people that ride Harleys. They always wave to each other and usually have no idea who they are. I guess out of respect and acknowledgement of their common interests. I have waived to all the PT's I've seen on the road and most people look at me like I made an idenity oops. Anyone else out there in PT World that waves to other PT'ers? If not.....mabey we all should. Could make your day brighter. And theirs.
Old 03 Oct 2007, 07:00 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: PT Wave?

You are about 4 years too late. People now think you are nuts. In the beginning and about three years after everybody waved. It was cool.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 04 Oct 2007, 05:27 am
Senior Cruiser

For me it all depends.

The majority of PTs around here have the black front wheel covers from the brake dust never being cleaned off. These folks only see it as transportation and waving to them is a wasted effort.

But any sign of them being a "PTer" and I wave!

Some even wave back!
Old 04 Oct 2007, 05:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The "wave" is a headlight flash. I still get return flashes, waves, and horn toots.
Yes, some are clueless.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Oct 2007, 08:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

qsd, you, I and others have been around and on here long enough that we can spot a "PTer" or just a driver and act accordingly. I also use the "head light flash" to see if I get a response, sometimes, usually not, but I keep trying.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 06 Oct 2007, 11:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I currently live in Alberta Canada ,formerly of Halifax Nova Scotia. I have never seen the "wave" in Alberta but I drove the PT across country this year to Halifax and I got about 10 waves while back in Nova Scotia. I was kinda shocked at first.LOL
Old 07 Oct 2007, 03:32 am
Veteran Cruiser

In the first couple years of production everybody waved or flashed their headlights. There weren't that many on the road then so it was a pleasant surprise to see another PT. Strangers came up to you and asked about your PT and you could actually chat with other PT owners in parking lots. Things have sure changed.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 07 Oct 2007, 10:39 am
Cool Cruiser

Haven't seen much of "the wave" down here in Florida, been a PT'er since 02. But, we've had many strangers come up to us in parking lots/gas stations/rest stops etc., both PT owners and non-PT owners, to talk to us about both my wife's and my PTs.

Just recently, I had a guy, who had brake-dust blackened front wheel covers on his almond colored PT, ask me how I keep my front wheels clean. I told him the secret of ceramic brake pads, from NAPA!

srg
Old 07 Oct 2007, 11:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I'll wave/flash to any PT that I see other than stock. Too many people down here buy the PT strickly for transportation and could care less about other PT's/cars. They may take notice of mine and others that have added mods but that's as far as they take it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Oct 2007, 11:34 am
Regular Cruiser

Most people wave if you're in a Corvette, though I find the wave fizzling out among the people who buy the C6's. PT's...ah, no, none here either in South Florida.

2001 Corvette Convertable, Navy Blue Metalic, Z51, 3:15 with 4" inch quad Borla Stinger Exhausts X Pipe and K&N Filter.