PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bought a 2006 TE....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2007, 06:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Bought a 2006 TE....

Thru a credit union member only sales today and I think I did good:

the 2006 TE was priced @ 11,326 with only 20,073 miles on it and they traded my 2002 for 4200 (original offer was 4000 I wanted 4500) and dealing with both my credit union and the dealership inside the building I got a little pressured into buying the dealership's warranty which was priced over 2000 for a 72/100,000 warranty (which I declined) and my credit union offered me gap insurance (don't know the pricing at the moment) to cover the gap of my insurance's replacement cost if my car gets totaled.

I need suggestion(s) on how to deal with both the warranty and gap insurance issues (I got really burned with Warranty Gold, so I'm leery of warranties for now LOL)

oh, my 2006 TE is "Electric Blue"...
Old 06 Oct 2007, 07:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Bought a 2006 TE....

I was burned with Warranty Gold also. Don't know if I can help you except to say that if you plan on keeping the PT for a few years, I suggest getting some type of repair warranty that will last awhile.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Oct 2007, 08:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Oh, I definitely plan to keep it for a while, as far as safety and gas mileage go.

The 2002 PT was just something I had to have as I wanted one for years before I finally bought it in 2003.

Funnily, I never had any warranties on any of my previous cars and never ran into any problems with them (except the 1989 Corolla...flooded carburetor and 2002 PT...tires, brake pads and transmission)

As for gap insurance, I never had to run into that problem...YET *knocks on wood*

But considering that we're having more cars on the road, road rage, and idiot drivers, it pays to really "CYA"

The dealership wanted $2100+ for the 72/100,000 warranty and I think it's a bit excessive--I'd just like to add 3-5 more years on top of what I've already have.

BTW...if I recall, someone here on this MB mentioned that he missed out the Lifetime PT Warranty for his 2006 PT because it was built Spring 2005, 30 days BEFORE the dealers rolled out this warranty. I thought the Lifetime Warranty was for the 2006/2007 models?

My car was "in service" on 7/20/2006---meaning it was sold for the FIRST time. I need to know WHEN it was built to see if I can qualify for the Lifetime Warranty. How is that done?
Old 06 Oct 2007, 09:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The "when it was built date" is on the sticker on your driver door. In the middle of the top line it will read "Date of MFR and under it will be the date in month and year. Mine reads 8-00 which means August 2000.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Oct 2007, 01:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

Mine was built in June 2006....

am I too late to qualify for the Lifetime Warranty?
Old 08 Oct 2007, 02:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinbabe View Post
Mine was built in June 2006....
am I too late to qualify for the Lifetime Warranty?
LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY

The first of its kind to be offered by any automaker. Ever. Because with this warranty, you're covered, and it lasts for as long as you own your vehicle. A Lifetime warranty provides worry-free ownership for new Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge owners.

Who Is Eligible?

You are eligible for the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are the first registered owner or lessee of 2006, 2007 or 2008 Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicle. Subsequent owners or lessees, even if they are within the same family or business, are not eligible. Successor business entities or persons to whom the vehicle 18 transferred by operation of law are also not eligible.

What's Covered?

The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a powertrain component listed below that is defective in workmanship and materials. There is no coverage for towing in the event of disablement.

When It Begins

The Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty begins at the end of the Basic Limited Warranty.

Old 08 Oct 2007, 11:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks, I'll contact Chrysler just to be sure.....

I *LOVE* my 2006 PT...!!!! So purty, too!

(it helps that it got some nice safety features...especially the knee air bag--considering that I had a total knee replacement in April)
Old 09 Oct 2007, 05:22 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinbabe View Post
Thru a credit union member only sales today and I think I did good:

the 2006 TE was priced @ 11,326 with only 20,073 miles on it and they traded my 2002 for 4200 (original offer was 4000 I wanted 4500) and dealing with both my credit union and the dealership inside the building I got a little pressured into buying the dealership's warranty which was priced over 2000 for a 72/100,000 warranty (which I declined) and my credit union offered me gap insurance (don't know the pricing at the moment) to cover the gap of my insurance's replacement cost if my car gets totaled.

I need suggestion(s) on how to deal with both the warranty and gap insurance issues (I got really burned with Warranty Gold, so I'm leery of warranties for now LOL)

oh, my 2006 TE is "Electric Blue"...
Hi,

I'm new here and don't know if you get the same deals as I did here in Atlanta. I went to the Mall of GA. Jeep and Chrysler dealer to buy an 07 PT for 11k or 12K (can't remember, I'm old) and found a new 08 for 14K with a life time warranty offered by Chrysler.
To me that's a no brain er. The sticker price was just under 18K.
Now my wife and I have a cute little Cool Vanilla PT. Funny thing though, she wont let me peal off the factory sales sticker? What's up with that?

Van
Old 09 Oct 2007, 08:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdbd08pt View Post
Now my wife and I have a cute little Cool Vanilla PT. Funny thing though, she wont let me peal off the factory sales sticker? What's up with that?
Van
She wants everyone to know it's BRAND NEW!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Oct 2007, 03:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY

Who Is Eligible?

You are eligible for the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty if you are the first registered owner or lessee of 2006, 2007 or 2008 Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicle. Subsequent owners or lessees, even if they are within the same family or business, are not eligible. Successor business entities or persons to whom the vehicle 18 transferred by operation of law are also not eligible.

As I understand the quote above, I think Avis Rental was the first....I'm prolly the second owner...but I can check the service record at the place I bought my car from before I contact Chrysler.