Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Figuring out my 2006 TE (help!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2007, 11:33 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Figuring out my 2006 TE (help!)

Considering I just had my 2006 TE for a week, I've few things I need to figure out:

1) When I press the button for gas milage, it'd say 32 miles to empty and when I started to drive off to work, the tank icon would light up, and pressing the button again, it'd say "low on fuel" what gives? Why would it say LOW ON FUEL if I had 32 miles left to refuel??

2) In the same vein, when I press the button again, it'd say "xx.xx hours have elapsed".....since what??

3) I have Sirius radio, but I don't listen to radio at all. Do I pay for having Sirius radio (I was told that I'd need to pay $10-$20 a month to have it...doesn't make sense when I *already* have it.)

thanks for any help/suggestions in advance!
Old 12 Oct 2007, 02:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Figuring out my 2006 TE (help!)

I just have to guess at a couple of those.

32 miles isn't a long way to go before running out of gas. If your on a highway with controlled exits, it might be 10-20 miles before you could get off and fill up, so you'd really want to get off at the next exit or run out of gas before that second exit.

P.S. Your fuel pump is located in your gas tank. It's lubricated and cooled by the gas in the tank. Always running your tank low could cause damage to that pump which is hundreds of dollars to buy and replace.

The "hours have elapsed" might be from the last time the button was pushed, so it's some sort of timer. There's probably a way to make it start over and begin counting from "0". Instructions are probably in your owners manual.

Sirius comes with a lot of cars for FREE for the first year. You won't have to pay until your year is up.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 03:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Crewzin gave you good advise. The time elapsed is from the time you last button.

The Sirius radio is free for the first year. The time starts from the time you call and have it start. Sirius has many good stations and you will enjoy it. At the end of the years time, Sirius will ask IF you wish to renew, if not you do not have to.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 13 Oct 2007, 10:22 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinbabe View Post
thanks for any help/suggestions in advance!
And when all else fails read the manual....

Regards
Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 13 Oct 2007, 03:01 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
And when all else fails read the manual....

Regards
Terry
haha...I did that...but DANG! that manual is so thick! *crosses eyes*

seriously, the biggest issue is finding out who owned the car before me so I can make some warranty decisions. that, with the Sirius radio, I wouldn't be having it if the "in service" date was 7/20/06 and I just bought it 10/6/07. It's over a year now, and I'm curious as to why I'm still having it.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 08:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The one year starts WHEN you start the service and runs for 365 days.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar