PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help a Noob!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2007, 12:34 am
Regular Cruiser

Question Help a Noob!!

Hi Guy's and Gal's
I am new to your site and signed up to ask for some help. I bet you guys have seen this problem before but I just bought a 2002 limited and it is sweet!!!
red with all the trimmings and 7800 yes hundred miles on it. the only prob is that the door locks and the remote does not work. Since i am new to the world of pt's I have no Idea about this. can any one help!!

Thanks in advance Warped
Old 20 Oct 2007, 07:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help a Noob!!

Welcome to the forum Warped,

Your problem could be a number of things. The remote could need a new battery or need reprogramming, but you need a working remote to program the one you have to do it yourself. A Chrysler dealer can program just one. You might also have a bad RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) Module. It's located inside the dash just above the twin air vents.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 08:18 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks!! I know it is not the battery becouse the lock button inside the car does not work also. Would the bad part also cause that?
Old 20 Oct 2007, 08:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you mean the button on the door that open and closes the locks, yes, then it's probably the RKE. I don't know how to test it and would hate for you to buy a new module and find out it's something else.

Did you try the fuse panel by your left knee? The number 3 fuse (20 amp) is the "Door Locks" fuse. It could be as simple as a blown fuse.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 12:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

I spoke with a dealer and he told me that if a car sits a while with a dead battery the RKE will loose its settings and have to be reprogramed. I conformed that with 2 dealers since it is sat I cant get them to do it till next week.

I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Thanks for all your help
Old 20 Oct 2007, 12:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Your welcome. Hope it's that simple. Good Luck.