Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Airbag light on, plus more problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2007, 12:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Airbag light on, plus more problems

On my 02 Cruiser, the Airbag light came on, my windows will not work, my AC fan is not blowing, and my heated seats quit. All this happened at the same time. This also happened to me back a couple of months ago, but after a day everything worked fine. This time, it's been almost 3 weeks. I've looked at fuses (all good). What component could be controlling all these? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 12:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Airbag light on, plus more problems

My wive's PT has the exact same problem... the time we took it to a shop it worked perfectly and they tol us it didnt had any of the problems we reported.

Anyone else??
Anybody knows what to do?
Old 14 Dec 2007, 11:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

all of the affected systems use the same ground. its located behing the center of the dash. I would have this checked to make sure it is still tight. any competant technician who can read a wiring diagram should be able to remedy your problem. hope this helps.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 12:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

All I can comment on is the airbag light. It came on and I got mad and banged the side of the steering wheel hub, and light went out. It happened again a day or so later, I remembered, and again banged on the side of the hub, and light went out again. Hasn't come back. I figure a loose contact.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles