Advertisements
06 and up Foglight kit #82209997, install and warning

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SRG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Nov 2007, 12:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Default 06 and up Foglight kit #82209997, install and warning

Today I installed this kit on a new 07 Pacific coast Highway Edition Cruiser. The kit includes: 2 Foglights, a new multifunction switch, wiring harness, 2 new bumper inserts(surrounds the fog lights), mounting screws and clips and instructions.

The first thing I did was to pop-off one of the blanks in the bumper where the foglights belong. Sitting right there, clipped to the bumper was the foglight wiring!!! I don't know if all PT's have the wiring, but needless to say, it saved me some work.

Mounting the 2 lights and replacing the multifuntion switch was pretty easy and well covered in the instructions.

Now for the warning, even though all the hardware is now in place, the lights won't work!!! The reason is that you must have a dealer attach the code reading diagnostic tool and tell it to enable the fog lights. It's right in the instructions, which menu options to choose, of course one of them is wrong and it took a little searching to get the job done.

I drove to the dealer whose parts department I had paid $152 plus tax for the kit and told the person there what I needed and showed her the instuctions. $90 dollars!!!! What the...... says I, She replied, "Well it has to be hooked up to the computer." "You mean like, plugging it in?" I said, a bit sarcastically.

I ended up going to the salesman who sold the car (another dealership) and he had a kid in the service dept. spend 5 minutes to enable the foglights. It would have taken 2 minutes if the instructions were right.

So the kit is an easy install, looks the same as an OEM installation, but before buying it make sure you can get the dealer to agree to flash the computer, or find out how much he'll charge you.

srg
dalandon likes this.