Old 23 Nov 2007, 05:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default car nearly stalled....

when coming to a stop at a light....

anyone else have this happen to them?
Old 23 Nov 2007, 05:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: car nearly stalled....

When is the last time you replaced ignition wires? Mine started to do that - "stumble" at idle - before 20,000 miles. I put in Crane wires (from RaceAndStreet) and never had a hiccup again - now at 56,000 + miles.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Nov 2007, 05:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
When is the last time you replaced ignition wires? Mine started to do that - "stumble" at idle - before 20,000 miles. I put in Crane wires (from RaceAndStreet) and never had a hiccup again - now at 56,000 + miles.
I bought the car a week ago. this was the first time. it only did it once.

i had it happen on my older bMW once. it was evidently caused by a faulty 02 sensor. could it be same thing?
Old 24 Nov 2007, 04:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

So, it's a new car? Did you get a check engine light?
Dealer won't do squat without an error code.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 05:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I made a mistake and put $20.00 of 97 diesel regular in my 2005 PT cruiser my car when about a block and it shut off I got it to start but it won't stay start how do I get this gas out Idon't have money to pay nobody so what can I do to get my car back on the road somebody please help me I haven't drove my baby in 4 days.

Last edited by kaybg22; 24 Nov 2007 at 05:12 pm.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 09:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
So, it's a new car? Did you get a check engine light?
Dealer won't do squat without an error code.
no,

not new. a 2005 with 23k miles on it.

and I made sure I used the right kind of gas.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 03:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

I need to know how to get this diesel out my car I had my car for three years my warnlty just ran out in oct. it got 19,876 miles on it i need to no what to do somebody told to sift the gas out but I don't know what tube to buy some body told it's a release button by the tank if this is so and some body had this problem let me no.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 03:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybg22 View Post
I need to know how to get this diesel out my car I had my car for three years my warnlty just ran out in oct. it got 19,876 miles on it i need to no what to do somebody told to sift the gas out but I don't know what tube to buy some body told it's a release button by the tank if this is so and some body had this problem let me no.
siphon it out.

just get a long tube and suck and let it go before the gas comes out.

either that, take it to a mechanic and let them take it out for you.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 01:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The best way is to remove the tank and dump it out. Your only option is to take it somewhere and let them pump it out. They will have the capability to properly dispose of it. You can't just let it run out on the ground anymore. Last option is like was earlier stated, siphon it out. Good Luck!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 25 Nov 2007, 04:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Go to an auto store an buy about 5 feet of gas line hose. It's black rubber. Push it in about 1/2 way, suck on end, then put that end close to the ground - it has to be lower than the tank. Use a dishpan or something to catch it. You probably don't have to get it all out, but fill with gas before you try to restart. It'll take a while to work all the diesel out of the fuel line, but it shouldn't do permanent harm.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles

Last edited by quicksilverdon; 25 Nov 2007 at 04:56 pm.