PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2004 Limited Platinum with 140mph cluster GT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Nov 2007, 10:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default 2004 Limited Platinum with 140mph cluster GT?

Hi all,

I bought a Limited 2004 platinum a few weeks back. I've got the 140mph cluster (with the Autostick notation, and when I put the shifter in 3 or 1 it shows my current gear.)

I've got pictures on another forum (ptcrew) (about the Autostick and engine braking), apparently this is pretty rare.

I've learned that ALL limited's are the diet turbo and ALL limited's were delivered with the 120mph cluster.

I've read that the only diff between the GT and the turbo lite is the PCM.

If this is the case - then since I have the 140mph cluster, shouldn't I have the GT PCM as well? I haven't dynoed it and I can't really tell the diff between 180 and 220hp since I've only driven a 2001 N/A.

My thought is that the previous owner swapped in the GT cluster, probably to make it a GT without paying the insurance. My clusters VIN matches my cars VIN so the swap was done properly.

I have no engine codes and I honestly was very very surprised by the amount of power in this car. I can spin tires without even trying.

So could I have a GT and need to use 91+ octane? EEK! If so I've been feeding it 87 since I had it, since I thought I had the diet turbo.

Any way to visually check the PCM? (part numbers or revision or something like that? How about the dash check that shows version numbers and whatnot). By the way, where is the PCM?

Regards,
Old 24 Nov 2007, 01:48 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2004 Limited Platinum with 140mph cluster GT?

Maybe someone put the Limited badge on the car. What type of gas does the fuel door say to use?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 25 Nov 2007, 10:19 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: 2004 Limited Platinum with 140mph cluster GT?

More than likely you have a turbo lite. If you do not have auto stick capability then it is a turbo lite. Only GT's have auto stick. As for the 140 mph that's an oddity.... If you want to send me your vin I can check the build sheet to see if it's original or not. Email me at slartyblarfast@aol.com