Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dealer Disaster--Need Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Nov 2007, 07:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Dealer Disaster--Need Help

I bought a used 2006 PT Convertable, From a Dealer here in Sacramento, Ca.

Part of the purchase was a service called MasterSheild Paint Protection.

I took the Car in 11/26/2007, they had it all day. When I Went to pick it up, I noticed alot of Hairline type scratches in thw drivers side Mirror. I asked for the Service manger but he'd already had left for the day. Upon further inspection i also found the same type scratches on the headlight covers (plastic). There's what appears to be polish or rubbing compound in many places rear window etc.

I called the Service manger this morning, and told him of my issue. He's said that it's a used car and I should talk to the used car manger ???

I told him it's my car, and that i wanted them to fix the damage done to my car. He then told me there's not much he could do because it's a used car ???

So I then called the owner Bob Swift, and left a message asking him to call me.. have never heard back from him. I then called Chrysler, they told me it was a dealer issue, but they would take a report that i was unhappy with the service.

all i know is i have two wrecked headlight lenses, and a wrecked left mirror..

There saying it's a used car, i know that these thing were fine when i took it in to them..

Need help.. I'm taking the vehicle to them tomorrow afternoon for them to look at it..they haven't even seen the car yet, so i'm worried they made up there minds already..

need advise how to handle this issue, or for good natured pt members to contact Chrysler and let them know it's not right to damage someones car then claim there not responsible.

Last edited by Blue7cruz; 28 Nov 2007 at 09:00 pm.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 08:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Dealer Disaster--Need Help

Sorry, don't think your going to get anyone calling your dealer for you. Your the one who will have to put up a stink if you think they did something wrong.

Are you saying that while they had the car all day on the 26th they scratched both the headlights and one of the mirrors? Were they putting on the paint protection at this all day service? What did the the paint protection consist of? If it involved some sort of electrical polisher and that polisher would/could have done the kind of damage your talking about, point that out to them. The polisher would leave circular or swirl marks. Is that the kind of damage your seeing? If on the other hand they just used some sort of spray, that shouldn't damage the lenses.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 09:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

"Sorry, don't think your going to get anyone calling your dealer for you. Your the one who will have to put up a stink if you think they did something wrong."---

Hope your wrong .. At what point would you think people would help ?
Maybe if it were there car???

I think a much of what's wrong with this country, is it's so easy to turn a blind eye to someone else's problems.. a house divided againist itself cannot stand.. what would trigger you ??

the reason dealer treat people at times so terrable, is because they can get away with it. So i'm asking for help, not just for me..for you too. In time another dealer will do something to another PT Owner, or maybe they'll think twice depending on how this works out..

it's circular marks, can't rub it out myself it's scratched, not some kind of spray more like rubbing compound paste from what i've found elsewhere on the car..
mike
Old 27 Nov 2007, 10:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Getting away from the phone call, it sounds like they did a hurry up job on the polishing/paint protection and went right over the headlights and somehow managed to hit your mirror. Point that out to them and ask what equipment they used. If the manager sees that the damage is from the equipment that was used, hopefully he will own up to the damage.

Good luck.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 11:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs down Re: Dealer Disaster--Need Help

We've talked a lot about bad customer servive on this site, and other PT sites.
Chrysler is not unique - there are always bad dealers, and good dealers for all car makes. I even found this out about the original dealer of the used 2006 convertible I just purchased, from the owner.
Thank GOD I will not have to deal with them myself.
I have a great dealer here in the OKCity area. One that I drive 40 miles to get to. I ahve purchased 2 cars from them, and they have care for 3 in a row now!
If I had bought a used car from a dealer, I'd be sure to research their customer service ratings, etc.
**Sounds like it's a done deal for you; so, your only "out" will be good records, witnesses to the car's condition; and a visit to the Better Business Bureau. Here locally, we also have several TV stations that love to do spots on bad business practices, i.e the consumer getting ripped off.
Good Luck!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 09:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

""Sorry, don't think your going to get anyone calling your dealer for you. Your the one who will have to put up a stink if you think they did something wrong."---

Hope your wrong .. At what point would you think people would help ?
Maybe if it were there car??? "

Maybe pictures. Maybe seeing posts from you for years so we know you well enough to determine whether you are making a mountain out of a molehill or not.

You want us to call your dealer, and say what? We haven't seen your car. We don't know you.

This part angers me:
"I think a much of what's wrong with this country, is it's so easy to turn a blind eye to someone else's problems.. a house divided againist itself cannot stand.. what would trigger you???"

What a leap of logic there!

For your info - on another PT forum, a great guy who has helped lots of other PTers now needs engine work. Another Forum member is an ace mechanic, several states away. A bunch of us just chipped in a total of over $1,000 to pay for the mechanic's time and plane fare to fix the car - raised in 2 days! It was suggested by another member who knows them both, it wasn't asked for.

The point I'm making is you don't know us, either.

In my opinion, making leaps of judgement is what's really wrong with this country.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 28 Nov 2007, 12:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: Dealer Disaster--Need Help

Well said Master (QSD) Cruiser!
Old 28 Nov 2007, 03:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i had major trouble with my first pt gt i called chrysler everyday until i got answers you will have to be the voice keep at them and good luck keep us posted
Old 28 Nov 2007, 09:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wink Re: Dealer Disaster--Need Help

Well the good news dealer saw the mirror, and presto the parts are on order.
I was actually a happy camper, it's if'y as to the headlight lenes, so much so that i'll get some plastic polish and take care of that myself. much of that might be related to the former owner..

The bad news, less than half a mile from the dealer the car overheated and dumped it's coolant all over the ground...maybe a water pump. I think it's a PT that needs a lot of TLC for a while.

I had an issue with the foot print on my new (cheap) floor mat. I just wanted them to clean it, and the manger looked at it and said that ain't right went into parts order some new ones.

So overall things are looking up, of course i have a KIA for a rental...

my concern although i hold off judgement, is what damage might have been done from the cooling system failure..
Old 28 Nov 2007, 09:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The biggest overheating problem the PT has is the fan motor. So many of them burnt out that there was a national back-order at one time. If you didn't try and drive too far when it overheated there probably wasn't any internal/block damage done, but it needs to be checked over real well.

As far as the headlights go, I thought you were pretty certain the damage was done while they had the car.