PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Got hit by a rock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Nov 2007, 05:32 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Got hit by a rock

Crap!

While tooling down the interstate in the PT a rock hit the hood. The hood wasn’t dented but a couple of chips of paint were gouged out of the front of the hood.
I plan to get some touch up paint but wanted your input before I go to the dealer for the paint. Is there any thing that I need to know, a better choice?

Thanks

Van
Old 28 Nov 2007, 06:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Got hit by a rock

I posted this on another thread and it might come in handy for you....

QUICK TIP

I've had both my Corvette and Cruiser touched up in the last few months. Tomorrow, I'm taking the wife's KIA in to have the front right quarter panel touched up before she sees what I've done to her new car (another story). All the cars were done way cheaper than a paint shop and expertly done. There are guys that go around to the car dealers and touch up scratches and small dents that come on new cars and the cars that the dealer takes in trade. These guys work out of a truck and carry hundreds of car colors and can make and match what they don't have. I have two dealers near me where these guys set up Tuesday's Wednesday's and Thursday's and fix and paint the dealers cars and anyone off the street can take their personal car and have it done at their location. They fill, sand, prime, paint and clear coat your car in a matter of a couple hours sometimes between other jobs, sometimes they spare a guy to work just on your car. The job is perfect and as I said way less than a paint shop. Check it out in your area the next time your looking for a touch-up of a small rock chip, dent or scratch.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 06:27 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I posted this on another thread and it might come in handy for you....

QUICK TIP

I've had both my Corvette and Cruiser touched up in the last few months. Tomorrow, I'm taking the wife's KIA in to have the front right quarter panel touched up before she sees what I've done to her new car (another story). All the cars were done way cheaper than a paint shop and expertly done. There are guys that go around to the car dealers and touch up scratches and small dents that come on new cars and the cars that the dealer takes in trade. These guys work out of a truck and carry hundreds of car colors and can make and match what they don't have. I have two dealers near me where these guys set up Tuesday's Wednesday's and Thursday's and fix and paint the dealers cars and anyone off the street can take their personal car and have it done at their location. They fill, sand, prime, paint and clear coat your car in a matter of a couple hours sometimes between other jobs, sometimes they spare a guy to work just on your car. The job is perfect and as I said way less than a paint shop. Check it out in your area the next time your looking for a touch-up of a small rock chip, dent or scratch.
Thanks!
I'll check them out!

Van
Old 28 Nov 2007, 09:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wink Re: Got hit by a rock

Carey,
Are these just a group of local guys; or a national organization?
Name?
Old 28 Nov 2007, 09:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Frank,

Don't know if it's local or national. They call themselves "Colors on Parade" The Original Body Shop on Wheels.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Dec 2007, 10:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

wow i gotta check and see if there in new york also sounds like a great thing !!
Old 04 Dec 2007, 02:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to AnarchyPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdbd08pt View Post
Crap!

While tooling down the interstate in the PT a rock hit the hood. The hood wasn’t dented but a couple of chips of paint were gouged out of the front of the hood.
I plan to get some touch up paint but wanted your input before I go to the dealer for the paint. Is there any thing that I need to know, a better choice?

Thanks

Van
I know how you feel. Making the trip from California to Arizona this thanksgiving i got barraged with some rocks got about....5-6 new chips in my paint! and a new chip in my windshield that could constitute a replacing soon .

But let me tell ya, I have touch up paint from the dealership (mopar) and it just doesn't quite do it for me
Plates: ANRCHY 1