Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lights on reminder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Nov 2007, 10:16 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Lights on reminder

I don't know what happened---but by force of habit I always turn my lights all the way off on the control lever before I leave the car so I don't hear that annoying chiming. Well this morning I opened my door and heard this annoying chiming and I saw on the panel "Lights On" HUH? I fiddled with the control lever and went all the way down to turn off all the lights and I still have the interior panel (gauges, radio/cd, and temp. controls) lights ON.

The manual doesn't say anything on how to deal w/this

Help???

Last edited by cruisinbabe; 29 Nov 2007 at 11:10 am.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 03:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Lights on reminder

sounds like your light switch may be no good ?? just a thought
Old 29 Nov 2007, 04:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

at least I have warranty! I'm thinking it's either from the key/ignition or the wiring or computer module's little brain got fried.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 03:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

let us know how you make out
Old 30 Nov 2007, 04:47 pm
Regular Cruiser

won't know til Wednesday.

So I'm doing ok, drive-wise. it's the danged "dingdingding" door noise and the "LIGHTS ON" reminder that's driving me bonkers. LOL
Old 01 Dec 2007, 12:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I'll bet it's the "multi-function" switch - it's pretty common. Good news is it isn't that expensive and easy to replace.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Dec 2007, 12:07 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I'll bet it's the "multi-function" switch - it's pretty common. Good news is it isn't that expensive and easy to replace.
is this a DIY thingy? or is it that I'll have to take it in and tell the service guy to replace the multi-function switch?
Old 01 Dec 2007, 10:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

With any amount of luck it may come with installation info. If not, you could have someone replace it for you, it isn't hard and if you are machinaclly (sp) inclined, you can do it.. One thing to remember is to remove the turn signal relay from the old one and put it in the new one. The relay is about 1 1/4" square and 2 1/2" long on the back of the new M/F Switch. Good Luck.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 01 Dec 2007, 10:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinbabe View Post
is this a DIY thingy? or is it that I'll have to take it in and tell the service guy to replace the multi-function switch?
Many have done it. You MAY need torqx wrenches - get a set at any auto store that looks like a pocket knife.
You take the steering column "shroud" off - two phillips screws underneath, the pop it apart, then 2 screws (they may be torqx) takes the switch out. Compare old & new & take relay (small cube) off old & move it to new. If you have fog lights, be sure you get switch with fogs.
Whole "turn signal stalk" comes out.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Dec 2007, 11:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

QSD, I had done mine on the '02 but forgot exactly how the steps went.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar