Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Warranty information please....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Dec 2007, 04:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Warranty information please....

do you think its worth getting the extended warranty is worth it? Dodge says I have to pay $150 to get the powertrain warranty.

what is covered under the powertrain? things like tranny? fuel pumps?
Old 04 Dec 2007, 07:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Warranty information please....

A hundred and fifty ($150) seems really low for a warranty. How long does it give you coverage?

In general terms, the powertrain should cover anything that makes the car run, from engine to transaxle.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 04 Dec 2007, 10:49 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Exclamation Re: Warranty information please....

Did you buy the PT used? If so, $150 is the standard charge to transfer the 7/70 Powertrain warranty to the new owner, If it is under 36,000 miles and less than 36 months from the "in service" date, you still have bumper-to-bumper coverage at no charge. Things may be different if the PT was originally sold as a fleet vehicle to a rental company.
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 04 Dec 2007, 03:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I called Dodge because I am the second owner. They said even though I bought it used from a non-dodge dealer, I can still transfer the powertrain warranty. So instead of 3/36 I get something like 7/70k. All this for a cost of $150. My car is 3 months from in service date and it only has 24k miles on it.
Old 04 Dec 2007, 11:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Warranty information please....

With a used vehicle and already closing in on the 3/36, you'd be a fool not to get the extended warranty for $150! Are you a gambler - what are the odds of a high-cost failure - especially the tranny? That's what I am doing with both my 2006s. We're just unlucky that we weren't purchasing after Chrysler announced the automatic extension on some new vehicles.
Old 06 Dec 2007, 11:43 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpscruiser View Post
Did you buy the PT used? If so, $150 is the standard charge to transfer the 7/70 Powertrain warranty to the new owner, If it is under 36,000 miles and less than 36 months from the "in service" date, you still have bumper-to-bumper coverage at no charge. Things may be different if the PT was originally sold as a fleet vehicle to a rental company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptcruzer07 View Post
I called Dodge because I am the second owner. They said even though I bought it used from a non-dodge dealer, I can still transfer the powertrain warranty. So instead of 3/36 I get something like 7/70k. All this for a cost of $150. My car is 3 months from in service date and it only has 24k miles on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
With a used vehicle and already closing in on the 3/36, you'd be a fool not to get the extended warranty for $150! Are you a gambler - what are the odds of a high-cost failure - especially the tranny? That's what I am doing with both my 2006s. We're just unlucky that we weren't purchasing after Chrysler announced the automatic extension on some new vehicles.

hummm....I bought my 2006 PT from the Chrysler dealer in October. The in-service date was 7/20/06. I have about 21,000+ miles on the odometer. I believe I'm the 2nd owner (Avis Rental is the first) So, is there a chance I could be able to get this extended warranty?
Old 06 Dec 2007, 09:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Question Re: Warranty information please....

Can you still get a warranty......?
Contact Chrysler or your dealer. I believe that as long as it hasn't reached
36K, you can still buy an extended warranty. That's the good news! The bad news is, it will be more $$ that we are talking aboutwith a warranty transfer, because Avis didn't buy an extended warranty originally to transfer.
Old 07 Dec 2007, 03:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
36K, you can still buy an extended warranty. That's the good news! The bad news is, it will be more $$ that we are talking aboutwith a warranty transfer, because Avis didn't buy an extended warranty originally to transfer.
I think there was a clause where fleet vehicles including rental cars are only limited to the 3/36 warranty. No Powertrain and no extension of the remaining warranty.

You could call up Dodge and play dumb however. Tell them you dont know who the previous owner was (ie leave out Avis)
Old 07 Dec 2007, 03:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
its the same cost to "extend" the warranty. $150. Doesn't matter if the previous owner purchased an extended warranty or not. I got mine extended and the previous owner never got the extended warranty.
Old 07 Dec 2007, 11:13 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptcruzer07 View Post
its the same cost to "extend" the warranty. $150. Doesn't matter if the previous owner purchased an extended warranty or not. I got mine extended and the previous owner never got the extended warranty.
problem is, that my Chrysler dealer tried to sell me a non-Chrysler extended warranty that costs about $2200.00

so I'm thinking of contacting Chrysler and ask about the $150.00 warranty. Would it be difficult to get the warranty?