Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Young Girl Takes My PT Out!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Dec 2007, 06:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Young Girl Takes My PT Out!

I was driving in a bank parking lot last Thursday when a young girl who was diagnally parked decided to back up her Mazda 3 without looking. Bang...she got my PT in the passinger door and front fender as I was driving by. As a natural reaction I flinched. Though I wasn't hurt then, my back and neck are stiffening up now 2 days later. Her husband arrived before the police and said, "Gahd Damn It, not again." Also a few more curse words directed toward her. When I said it was only an accident, he yelled at me and said, "Don't tell how to talk to my fu----n wife." I said, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--------------U. My PT took it like a little trooper and is now in the 'body shop hospital' for a while to recover.

2001 Corvette Convertable, Navy Blue Metalic, Z51, 3:15 with 4" inch quad Borla Stinger Exhausts X Pipe and K&N Filter.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 06:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Young Girl Takes My PT Out!

That's a shame, hope it comes out well. bob, goatfalls
Old 15 Dec 2007, 09:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey - it cudda bin the Vette!
Old 15 Dec 2007, 10:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sounds like she was in the habit of backing up without looking. Hopefully their insurance is taking care of your PT.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 10:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

sometimes teens dont have time to look backwards between text messaging, changing the CD, and breathing. Wierd huh?

Watch out for those pesky aftermarket parts most insurance companies make collision shops use. most are ill fitting, I have personally only found a handful that fit right. Check your panel gaps, bumper cover to fender fittment, and headlight fittment when you pick it up. those are just the problem areas just on aftermarket fenders! dont get me started on the other panels, not that chrysler replacement panels are much better....oh them lovely replacement liftgates...good times.

Last edited by Cartman; 15 Dec 2007 at 11:04 pm.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 11:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

And deer don't look where they're going, either!
I've tagged 3 with my 2 PTs.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Dec 2007, 02:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

I trust the body guy I go to. He said he'd use all new parts...even a new door skin. He was very careful to check all around the car to make sure nothing else was out of line.

2001 Corvette Convertable, Navy Blue Metalic, Z51, 3:15 with 4" inch quad Borla Stinger Exhausts X Pipe and K&N Filter.