Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
The cruiser got hit last night

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Dec 2007, 10:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default The cruiser got hit last night

My wife was driving home from work and was at a four way stop and a younger kid hit her on the passenger side front. He admitted that he was not paying attention and just stopped and then went. So it is off to the body shop today to get some quotes for the insurance company. Here is a pic. Sorry for the bad quality, I had to shrink the pic to make it fit.

Old 21 Dec 2007, 10:33 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: The cruiser got hit last night

Me if my pt got hit!!!!!

Old 21 Dec 2007, 11:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

wow that stinks sorry to hear about that !! at least no one was hurt pic isnt showing up
Old 21 Dec 2007, 08:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I got an estimate for the repairs. $2500. Thankfully my wife was not at fault and the other driver will have to pay our insurance deductable. That price includes a new bumper, fender, rim, trim and all the paint and other stuff. The worst part is that the shop we took it to is busy and we can't get in until Jan 15. And I attached a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 222222.jpg (95.0 KB, 81 views)
Old 21 Dec 2007, 11:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

seeing as the other guys insurance is handling it, DEMAND that they use factory OEM parts. do not leave the insurance company in charge of parts mandates. if the insurance company argues with you and tells you that their policy is to use aftermarket parts, tell them that YOU did not sign THEIR policy, and therefore OEM parts need to be used. the car didnt have aftermarket on it when it was hit, it wont after the repair. trust me on this topic, i am an ASE master certified collision tech and i deal with this all day long.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 10:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

That is what everyone has told us. I made sure that the shop that we took it to would only use OEM parts. Hopefully everything will work out fine.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 04:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

what is this? seems like PT's are getting hit by teenagers lately!

go pick on other cars, kids! leave our PT's the freak alone!
Old 03 Jan 2008, 06:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

Angry Re: The cruiser got hit last night

I got hit too. $2000. damage. I was driving in a bank parking lot when a girl, yes a teenager was parked in a diagnal parking space. As soon as I drove by, she gunned it in reverse and bang, right into my passinger right quarter and door. She called her boy friend because it was his car. When he arrived, he screamed at her, "You did it again! You f@%ken bitch." I was injured in my neck, lower and upper back. I'm now seeing a doctor for treatment...and yes of course...a lawyer. The lawyer also told me that once you're hit, you need also to sue for the amount of money you'll loose when the accident is reported to Carmax. If you trade in your car, and the dealer sees the accident on the Carmax report, he offers you less on the trade. That needs to be covered as well as the injuries. Made sense to me. The insurance company is paying for a rental. The rental...PT Cruiser or course.
What crap luck. If I didn't have crappy luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Hopefully 2008 will be a better year.

2001 Corvette Convertable, Navy Blue Metalic, Z51, 3:15 with 4" inch quad Borla Stinger Exhausts X Pipe and K&N Filter.
Old 03 Jan 2008, 11:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Unhappy Re: The cruiser got hit last night

I was a victim too - of ice ping-pong yesterday.
On my way back from a good deed in Ponca City, OK, I was passing a car and tractor trailor heading south on I-35, when a big chunk of ice fell from the flat bed. The car swung right, and the ice came across my lane. I tried swing left towards the median, thinking I had only hit it with my tire.
Nope! When I stopped for a sandwich, an admiring Sooner remarked that it looked like I had hit the straw Scarecrow under my fog light. Yup! Exposed fiberglass splinters on the PTeazer front end.
**Second time for repairing the lowered PTeazer bumperette. I getting a little frustrated being lowered, even that little bit!
Old 04 Jan 2008, 07:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Taggert_LOA

make sure to have your steering and suspension componets checked also