Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
"A" Pillar Trim Removal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Dec 2007, 08:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default "A" Pillar Trim Removal

I think my sunroof drains are plugged or disconnected. How do you remove the inside trim to access the drain hose?
Thanks
Old 27 Dec 2007, 09:26 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: "A" Pillar Trim Removal

The "A" Pillar trim only comes out one way - from the top down. You can do it with just your fingers. There are horizontal tabs at the top that hold it in and vertical ones at the bottom. Just get your fingernails into the trim at the very top and gently pull straight out toward yourself - don't pull it too far, just enough to release from the frame. This will release the top horizontal tabs It may take a few tugs, but it will come out. Then you need to lift up on it to release the lower vertical tabs. Presto, it is out. This is also one of the pieces that need to be removed to change your instrument cluster lamps.
Hope this helps.

Nick
Old 27 Dec 2007, 11:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

if you think its just clogged, a little gentle compressed air at the drain holes might open her up. the rear you kinda have to blow in backwards from the drain, but all that does is blow the gunk back up intot he track, which just goes back and clogs it up again.

where is you leak at? up high near your headliner, or lower as in coming down your firewall?
Old 28 Dec 2007, 04:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cartman, the leak is dripping out at the side of the glovebox at the top of the knee panel. A few weeks ago I noticed the carpet was wet so I poured some water in the sunroof track at the front end and it came out as described. The other side drained fine. I tried to rod it using a length of #10 wire but hung up about a foot inside the channel. I think I made it worse. I sealed the sunroof with electrical tape for now and the carpet is dry.
Thanks
Old 28 Dec 2007, 08:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

it sounds like the drain tube has come loose from the firewall, or has cracked or broken. if it was clogged, you would have had water coming in from the top.