Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hello All

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Dec 2007, 01:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hello All

Just a little hello, I picked up my new car this morning and I'm extremely excited! I picked up a 2003 PT, Touring Edition, with a 5 Speed. It has 28,000 miles on it and is in showroom condition! I got it it to replace my 97 Explorer, which had 145,000 miles on it and has cost me $3,000 in service fees this year alone... a new front end, and two, yes TWO!! new transmissions. The explorer was my first car, but I have handed it onto my younger sister for her to bomb around in until it dies. I will say up until this year, it was a great car and I had a lot of fun with it. I had a full stereo in it, sub, amp, speakers, the whole nine yards, and lots of neon lighting. I pulled it all out with the intent of putting it in the PT but I can't bring myself to tear into it, its just so... classy. I'd like to get an Infinity Basslink to help bring out the lows and add it to the factory sound, and a couple small things like an intake and throttle body spacer to help with mileage.

All in all, I love the car. It rides like a limo and gets much better mileage than the 16mpg I'm used to.

Well, sorry for rambling. I'm hoping to use this forum to learn the "in's" and "out's" of my new car!
Old 28 Dec 2007, 06:17 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Hello All

Welcome!
Old 28 Dec 2007, 09:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome & enjoy !!
Old 28 Dec 2007, 02:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

As they say welcome to the madness, and let the mods begin!
take care
Rich
Old 28 Dec 2007, 04:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum. Forget the throttle body spacer. It is only HYPE, to increase the mileage, get Crane or MOPAR wires and double platnium plugs.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 28 Dec 2007, 06:31 pm
Young Cruiser

WELCOME
Old 28 Dec 2007, 11:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info about the throttle body spacer... I have seen them on certain sites that are free with the purchase of an intake system, so i figured why not. I'm also interested in adding an Infinity Basslink to the stock stereo. Has anyone done this?

Thank you for the warm welcome!!