PT Cruiser Forum  
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

fuse box pt 2006

 
Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09 Jul 2010, 06:51 pm
cosmic's Avatar
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 51
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

Hi! New to the forum! I knew where the fuse box was (under the hood) but I was hoping maybe there was something inside the cruiser that I could hook up my new ElectroPods accent lighting. It's by Tireflys. The directions state to simply attach the positive and ground wire connections of the Pod to the appropriate locations in the automobile fuse box (12 volt) found below the dashboard.
Sooooooooo, if my 2006 PT fusebox is under the hood....how can I install my new Electropod?
Cosmic
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09 Jul 2010, 07:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
Hi! New to the forum! I knew where the fuse box was (under the hood) but I was hoping maybe there was something inside the cruiser that I could hook up my new ElectroPods accent lighting. It's by Tireflys. The directions state to simply attach the positive and ground wire connections of the Pod to the appropriate locations in the automobile fuse box (12 volt) found below the dashboard.
Sooooooooo, if my 2006 PT fusebox is under the hood....how can I install my new Electropod?
Cosmic
this way





You get a fuse kit (the small one) and tap into the Heated Mirrors Fuse! that's the one I tapped too. I don't have heated Mirrors! they stopped sometime in like 03-04 or something but still have the fuse in it. Its a 10amp fuse. Run the wire through the grommet, a Pain in the butt. mine popped out when I tried and left it since and just wrapped electrical tape around it and/or padded double sided tape between the electrical tape and wire (which I just thought of the padded tape and will be doing that myself)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09 Jul 2010, 08:56 pm
cosmic's Avatar
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 51
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

Whoot!! Thank you sooooo much!!
Can I get a small fuse kit at any auto store? Looks like I have a little work ahead of me :P
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09 Jul 2010, 10:15 pm
cosmic's Avatar
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 51
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccrstar View Post
this way





You get a fuse kit (the small one) and tap into the Heated Mirrors Fuse! that's the one I tapped too. I don't have heated Mirrors! they stopped sometime in like 03-04 or something but still have the fuse in it. Its a 10amp fuse. Run the wire through the grommet, a Pain in the butt. mine popped out when I tried and left it since and just wrapped electrical tape around it and/or padded double sided tape between the electrical tape and wire (which I just thought of the padded tape and will be doing that myself)
Did you have to drill a whole into the lid of the fusebox? How did you run the wires to the inside of your car, or did you do that?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jul 2010, 08:53 am
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 97
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

chris
according to alldatadiy.com for 06 2.4 automatic.the compressor clutch relay is Serviced With Totally Integrated Power Module.
just had to replace the compressor on mine

Last edited by bugatti; 10 Jul 2010 at 08:57 am.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jul 2010, 07:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
Did you have to drill a whole into the lid of the fusebox? How did you run the wires to the inside of your car, or did you do that?
Yes, I used a dremel to drill the hole. I ran the wire through the factory grommet. Was easier for me to go from cabin. Under the steering wheel. poke a hole or pop it out and get a wire coat hanger to feed the wire through.

Where in the car do you plan on putting it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jul 2010, 10:52 pm
cosmic's Avatar
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 51
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

Soccrstar, your help is sooo greatly appreciated. And the pix help guide me. Looks like the wires of the light are only about 2-3 feet long if I'm lucky. The package says you can put the light anywhere but how can I if the wires are only that length. I dont get it. If I go under the steering wheel then looks like I can only put it above the peddles. What I'd really like is the green glow to come out my grill. (All into UFO's and Aliens :P ) They certainly dont give you long enough wire, but then again my fusebox is in the engine.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11 Jul 2010, 10:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
Soccrstar, your help is sooo greatly appreciated. And the pix help guide me. Looks like the wires of the light are only about 2-3 feet long if I'm lucky. The package says you can put the light anywhere but how can I if the wires are only that length. I dont get it. If I go under the steering wheel then looks like I can only put it above the peddles. What I'd really like is the green glow to come out my grill. (All into UFO's and Aliens :P ) They certainly dont give you long enough wire, but then again my fusebox is in the engine.
Yea, They never give enough wire. The Boost gauge wires was only like 3 inches long. I had to buy wires and run those. Heck I needed to buy more vacuum line cause the one they gave wasn't enough (as you can see in the picture). Yea, the grommet is next to the peddles. Also, glad the pic helped. Where exactly do you plan on putting it? Just buy wires (more than needed just in case). Do you have a soldering gun, solder, etc? I always solder my connections then heat shrink, pour liquid electrical tape, then put electrical tape on the connection. couldn't never be too careful
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jul 2010, 10:23 pm
cosmic's Avatar
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 51
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccrstar View Post
Yea, They never give enough wire. The Boost gauge wires was only like 3 inches long. I had to buy wires and run those. Heck I needed to buy more vacuum line cause the one they gave wasn't enough (as you can see in the picture). Yea, the grommet is next to the peddles. Also, glad the pic helped. Where exactly do you plan on putting it? Just buy wires (more than needed just in case). Do you have a soldering gun, solder, etc? I always solder my connections then heat shrink, pour liquid electrical tape, then put electrical tape on the connection. couldn't never be too careful

I reeeeeeeallllly wanted to put the light near the grill so it would glow green out through the grill, but I dont know if that's possible. I have to really take a look under the hood to see if it can be done. Another would be to glow under the chassis, but I think that's illegal?
I want to check it all out cuz if I can get more wire and solder up the splices then I can put it wherever. I would like to achieve a UFO affect since I love aliens and ufo's and collect tons of stuff on that theme. I have pix in my photo album. I'm just gettin' started!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 23 Aug 2010, 04:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Aberdeen, WA
Posts: 1
Default Re: fuse box pt 2006

Anyone know which one controls the windshield wipers? I can't get mine to shut off. Mines a 2006 as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ignition Off Draw (IOD) Fuse Effects and Replacement Hints ObiMatt87 Tech & Performance Forum 15 24 Apr 2011 03:41 pm
Polished stainless fuse box cover for 2006 and up rte662006 Classifieds: For Sale/Trade 4 12 Sep 2007 12:19 pm
Employee Pricing on remaining 2006 PT Cruisers skylight PT Cruiser News and Rumors 0 09 Jul 2006 12:29 pm
2006 PT Cruiser Pics and New Specs skylight PT Cruiser News and Rumors 14 13 Nov 2005 07:46 pm
Autometer gauges PTGT Redman Turbo Performance 12 23 Jul 2003 09:08 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors