Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Door open lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jan 2008, 10:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Door open lights

i have a '02 PT Cruiser Touring Edition since 2001. this problem just started on Sat Jan 5, two days ago. My PT constantly thinks the driver side door is open (when I have securely closed it), prompting the Dash' Door Open signal, as well as the overhead lamps. This also happens while I am driving the car. If my car is parked in the driveway outside my house and i lock it, the alarm will go off because the car will randomly think that the door is open. So i keep it unlocked now.

there are a few things that may contribute to this. my automatic key hasnt been working for roughly a year now, so i have been using the physical key only to lock and unlock the doors. i was recently (month ago) sideswiped on the passenger side, leaving the passenger side door un-openable due to frame bending (minor bending- just jamming the door from opening). there is a storm blowing by this area (SoCal) (electricity interference?).

so i am stuck now with this dilemma. my car constantly thinks the driver side door is open when it is securely closed. i don't think it is somehow dislodging. keep in mind this just started happening 2 days ago, the weekend this storm is passing through. can this be a cpu problem? or a physical hardware problem with the door? anyone have any idea

this is posted in tech forums. just thought id put it out front to see if anyone has ideas. i ran across this link , note the question 7th from the bottom, maybe its the cpu?

ptdoityourself.net PTDIY.net - PT Cruiser Technical Library Part Forty Two Q&A 1026 - 1050