Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
May pick up a 08 PT this weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2008, 11:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default May pick up a 08 PT this weekend

We will be buying a car this weekend. It's between the Chevy Cobalt and PT Cruiser. Not sure and still deciding. With the Cobalt, it will be all stock daily driver. With the PT, I will want to do a few things with it and still be a daily driver to and from work.

I want to go old-school with the PT. First thing will be full moon wheel covers. So my question is:

What color should I get? Well "pick whatever color you like." True. But I want the old timers to tell me what were the popular colors back in the old days (1950s-1960s) that I can get on a PT for 2008?

For example. Silver is a good color and the most popular today. I don't think it was popular in the 1950s.

TIA

Last edited by GolowDrew; 25 Jan 2008 at 11:16 am.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 03:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: May pick up a 08 PT this weekend

Here's one owner by a lady in our Tampa Bay club. Always a winner in all the shows we go to. It's also has a continental wheel in the rear but I don't have a picture.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 03:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: May pick up a 08 PT this weekend

Boy, that's a nice Oldschool PT!
But, if your oldschool look will include a lot of chrome.... silver, black, or white are great oldschool colors.
But.....the soonercruiser IS my day driver too!
Old 25 Jan 2008, 09:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

if i was you i would go with the cobalt it is same as the cavaliers its a much better car all around then the pt ,check your warranty on the pt ,ask questions about loaner cars if yours will need repairs they will want you to spend 1000s more for a extended warranty its a ripoff , and if you go with the pt make sure all the repairs are done by them oil changes etc i wished i had a cobalt now
Old 25 Jan 2008, 10:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: May pick up a 08 PT this weekend

You know.......If I really wanted to have cheap transportation, I would buy a nice bicycle. And, no extended warranty would be necessary!
No sense comparing apples and oranges....like...and a BMW really gets horrible gas mileage! But then again, I'd rather have a Cobalt! NOT!
Old 25 Jan 2008, 10:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

did you ever buy a chrysler? i have a neon too its very much like a pt it leaks oil everywhere and has bad headgaskets in little words lets say junk , oh i have a 2003 mitsubishi eclipes conv its my baby foreever no complaints ever
Old 26 Jan 2008, 08:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Caveman.

I understand why your angry after reading your first post about the oil problem. I too would be upset. A good part of your anger was because they wouldn't give you a free loaner car, but your saying you HAVE a Neon and an "Eclipes" (your spelling).

You just asked; "did you ever buy a chrysler?". We are on all on this forum because we bought a Chrysler and the majority are happy with their purchase. There's a couple dozen owners of 2 PT's or they traded in their first Cruiser and bought another newer one.

All makes and models (except your Eclipse) have some problems.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 08:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

i understand what your saying but dont you agree i should get a loaner since its going to cost me 30 a day for weeks and not sure about how its going to be afterwards it could have same problem again im losing here ,we bought the neon and pt to use to drive to work , i like the gas milage i get and some other features they have but the engine troubles are terrible,my wife and i both work and drive 25 mi each way we bought the eclipse for weekend getaways its 2003 and has 19000 on it its garaged kept in a1 shape well i had to pull it out to save 400 dollars and its snowing and freezing now it sucks
Old 26 Jan 2008, 09:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptma767

dont do it just dont do it you have been warned!!so far i see more people posting more bad then good.. do a serch on the web of pt problems then base your desision on that. good luck
Old 26 Jan 2008, 09:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

....and I'd feel the same way if I had to use my Vette as a daily driver if my PT was in the shop, but I wouldn't come on to the forums to vent my frustration at anyone thinking of buying a PT. There's way too many people not having problems to change their minds. You only hear about the ones that do have a problem.

The dealer doesn't have to give you a loaner if it's not in any kind of contract, be it Chrysler's or the particular dealer. Some advertise a loaner as an incentive to buy their cars and some warranties specify a loaner, but not all.

State your facts, give your opinion but please don't go overboard. The majority of the people on the forum, weather they say so or not, do feel sorry for anyone that has problems. They thank (whoever) they themselves don't have the problems we read about but don't want to hear over and over again what "junk" the Cruiser is.

I've had 3 problems myself with the cruiser, dozens of problems with my Vette (21 years old) and just had a problem with my wife's brand new car, but I wouldn't call them names because of it.