Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Door locks not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2008, 08:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Door locks not working

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently bought a used 04 GT to replace my totaled 03 GT. I am now on my third power lock module. Each worked great for about a week and then no power locks at all. This appears to be the only thing not working properly on my 04 GT. First time it happened it blew the fuse, but that does not appear to be an issue now.

Power Door locks do not open or close, I only get a click sound when I try the switch on the door.

Dealer had to wait three weeks for the modules as I was told as many as 26 power lock modules were on back order nationwide in December. Are other owners having similar problems?

Thank you for any ideas you can offer!
Old 26 Jan 2008, 08:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Door locks not working

Sorry you didn't get any answers to your question Blou04. It appears your already know that your problem is the RKEM (Remote Keyless Entry Module) and hopefully your dealer will keep helping you to sort it out. There's been a few problems with the same module with several owners but once the new module is in place the problem seems to go away. You might have a short in the wiring to the module or something along those lines. Good luck.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 10:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Door locks not working

Thanks for posting a reply. Since the new module didn't last long I too was thinking the wiring has to be involved. Hopefully the dealer will find the fix.

Thanks again.