Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2008, 09:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Angry help

i bought a 2007 classic pt crusier in jan 2007 off the showroom had 3 mi on it ,was glad to get rid of trade in hoping to have a trouble free car for a few years , it is now just 1 yr old with 13000 mi ,well i went outside and saw a puddle of oil on the passenger side ,i had the oil changed at the dealership a few months ago and thought the oil filter or drain plug came loose , i checked oil there was none and called the dealership told me to bring it in ,i put 3 qts in and drove it to dealers which is 3 miles when i got there there was only half a qt , they checked the car and called and said they had issues they didnt know why or where it was coming from ,the next day they said they would have to dissemble the engine because the camshaft was moving back and forth and knocking out the front seal , i was very angry and on top of this they wouldnt even give a loaner car which will cost hundreds out of my pocket , im looking at weeks before its done , i tried to get anotherone as a trade,they refuse ,i called chysler corp they are no help at all , they want you to spend thousands for a extended warranty ,why would you need it on a brand new car? i am glad i took it there for the oil change cause if outsiders do work they blame it the cause ,now i got a car that has its engine tore apart and looking forward to many more problems,also its going to affect the value . im one angry pt owner and will never deal with chrysler again , i also found these cars are made in mexico
Old 26 Jan 2008, 09:16 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: help

Ok. There is a reason that Chrysler offers extended warranties. Yes it may be a grand up front but I guarantee it will pay for itself. Right now you would have a rental car and not be mad. As for the moving crankshaft.... we have had some problems with this. The thrust bearing on the crankshaft which is made by an OUTSIDE company breaks on some engines. This is not Chryslers fault but yet they get the blame. AS I said GET THE EXTENDED warranty. And only get the CHRYSLER warranty!
Old 26 Jan 2008, 09:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

ok i got the words i was waiting for .you stated you know of this problem can you tell me where you got it from just wanna know more about it ,and really its not im angry about the loaner its mostly about having a brand new car for 1 yr bought it jan 23 2007 aint that funny and its going to have the engine complete dissembled , do you think its going to be the same afterwards
Old 26 Jan 2008, 05:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

It will be fine afterwards. The reason I know is that I am a Chrysler Technician. I have seen a couple of engines do this. It's usually in a manual transmission but it's not unknown to happen. I understand your aggravation. I own an 06 GT and have been disappointed with some of the issues I've had with it. But you have to remember that when you make over A hundred thousand vehicles with parts from the lowest bidder you are bound to have some issues. Hopefully the dealership will remedy yours quickly but like I said this is where the extended warranty comes in real handy. It would cover the rental which at about thirty five bucks a day adds up quickly and you can see where the warranty pays for itself. The engine in my wifes car shelled out about a year ago. The repair added up to about 6 grand. Because we had the extended warranty she got a rental and all we had to pay was the hundred dollar deductible.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 05:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thank you for the positive information ,i had a feeling you were a tech by how you answered some problems with others including mine ,just wished they were like you up front and honest they all refused to say anything other but tell me there were issues , i even tried to exchange it for another 07 pt one on the lot but they tried to get me to buy a 2007 kia rondo they wanted 4000 down and 500 mo at 6 yrs i dropped dead there now cmon lol
Old 26 Jan 2008, 07:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Lets not knock the Rondo too badly. Just bought the wife one and you get a lot of extras for not too much cash. 7 seater, V6 and 5 speed auto-sport trans. Premium stereo w10 speakers including a built in subwoofer, power sunroof, 17 inch alloy's on Michelin tires. ABS, TPMS, ESC with 4 wheel disk brakes plus more like fog lights, chrome trim, floor mats and tinted windows. All for less than 20 grand.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 26 Jan 2008 at 07:21 pm.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 08:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yeah i bet they are good for the price i drove it and i was supposed to get a good deal. it was the last two they had 2007. but who can put 4000 down and 500 mo if it was the same as the the pt with no down but maybe a little longer in payments i would go for it
Old 27 Jan 2008, 02:42 am
Cool Cruiser

YOu know, ever since Hyundai and Kia merged, the quality of those cars went through the roof! The jump in quality from just 5 years ago is amazing. while honda and toyota have the lion share of the import sales here, KIA/Hyundai have been mopping up on the Japanese front. whats that tell ya?

as for the loaner car, individual dealerships have their own policies on loaners. the dodge dealer i dealt with said 'hell no' to a loaner, while the chrysler/jeep dealer down the road practically threw one at me. luck of the draw i guess.
Old 28 Jan 2008, 09:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

slarty i got one more thing to say i know your just a tech and have nothing to do with this but i was thinking about when you said lowest bidder , dont they test and inspect those engine parts before allowing the bidder produce em ? i can understand the exterior parts but the heart of the car i would go better , like they say you get what you pay for
Old 28 Jan 2008, 08:11 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

They do. But that's not to say that some bad ones get through.... Consider that there are 2 thrust bearings in every engine multiply that times several hundred thousand..... you get the picture. It's not a common problem but it happens. Also life in a customers engine is entirely different from life on a dyno.... Drivers do things to cars in general that engineers never dream of! Also there could have been a change in supplier.... numerous things could happen. The PT is an inexpensive car that Chrysler doesn't make much money on. SO if they can save a few cents here and there it adds up in a hurry! Chrysler would much rather sell a hundred thousand SRT vehicles that they make a lot of money on. Unfortunately the government demands that the Corporate average fuel economy be pretty high. Therefore if they can push out massive amounts of inexpensive cars that get decent mileage then they can sell more SRT's.
But you are right .... you get what you pay for!