Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
new owner 2008

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Feb 2008, 05:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default new owner 2008

I always wanted a PT CRUISER and finally bought a new black lx.
This was my retirement gift to me since no one else would bite the bullet.
All I need now is a set of nice crome wheels and I will be set.
PS why are so many people crying about mpg this is a 3100 lb. car that is made of real steel and heavy stuff,(not like some of the toyohondobitches) heck it even feels heavy on the road and drives like a real car.
All in pun, no offence to any one.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 05:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: new owner 2008

Welcome to the forum Lou. Problem is that a lot of owners are buying their cars used and don't bother to find out beforehand what mileage they should expect and then are disappointed.

P.S. what is an lx model? I had thought there was Base, Touring, Limited and Convertible. Maybe the GT but I think all GT's are the Limited Edition.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 09:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome Lou!!

Methinks he means Limited.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 14 Feb 2008, 10:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Exclamation Re: new owner 2008

Welcome Lou!

Guys, the 2008 model year offers only 4 sub-models...
The LX (base), Touring and Limited for the wagon and the "PT Cruiser Convertible". The word "Edition" is gone from the models and badging.
Del Val PT Cruisers

Last edited by tpscruiser; 14 Feb 2008 at 10:52 pm.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 02:38 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Welcome to the forum Lou. Problem is that a lot of owners are buying their cars used and don't bother to find out beforehand what mileage they should expect and then are disappointed.
P.S. what is an lx model? I had thought there was Base, Touring, Limited and Convertible. Maybe the GT but I think all GT's are the Limited Edition.

Exactly and then they add magnets, the Tornado, new plugs and wires, a CAI and an exhaust and swear they get 10 mpg more.

Welcome Lou and enjoy your new ride.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 15 Feb 2008, 07:47 am
Regular Cruiser

Welcome Lou. I'm new here too (1 week). This is a great group. I'm learning alot about PT's. I love my car so much the mileage is a mute point with me. I drive it easy and the speed limit because I don't want to get to my destination too fast and have to get out of it. I'm not one for too many distant road trips, usually no more than a few a year, 200 miles one way at the most so gas won't be a big issue for me but you're right about the feel of the car. I've always had small inexpensive economy cars and the feel of this one is awesome not to mention the looks.
Enjoy your PT!

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition