Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Keeping Black PT CLean

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2008, 09:30 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Keeping Black PT CLean

What would your suggestions be to keep my black PT clean? I live in the midwest, in a small town among bean and corn fields and we have rock quarries so the roads are always dusty. That is why I never buy black or dark color cars. My PT is black and of course as mentioned in other posts it was is a 2006 that had 3XX miles on it so I bought it. I'd like to keep it clean as its beautiful when it sparkles. I've had co workers suggest California Dusters but wondering what you all suggest for dusting, drying, waxing etc? Nothing super super expensive if at all possible. Also I've seen people with black cars that when the sun hits them there are circles that look like scratches..hope I'm describing it right.
Anyway I'm open to any suggestions to keep Moonie looking great.
Oh and what about automatic car washes? I'm thinking only the ones that sprays water would be fine, not the brushes?

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition
Old 15 Feb 2008, 10:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Keeping Black PT CLean

I also have a black PT cruiser, the only suggestion i really have is when it gets dirty take it to the car wash, no idea how to keep it clean other than not driving it and keep it in the garage, if anyone knows of a secret to keep black PT cruisers clean other than what i listed, im also listening very intently
Old 15 Feb 2008, 03:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

a good polish and spary enchancer along with the california duster should help you out
Old 15 Feb 2008, 04:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Take it to the car wash and you will eventually destroy the finish on the paint. Plan on washing it alot by hand. A California duster is nice, but if there is dirt on the car you will scratch the paint and black shows everything.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 15 Feb 2008, 05:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

As soon as nice weather gets here I plan to hand wash it. For now I will only use the spray wash car wash on low pressure. I want to keep it as nice as I can for a long long time!

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition
Old 15 Feb 2008, 05:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have a 2006 Black Limited, most of the driving is on paved roads with little dust. That said, dust will show up on the car. I have always hand washed as the car washes may reuse their water, brushless or not.

I have purchased many of the products sold by www.PerfectAutoProducts.com and have been very satisfied. Even if the car is dirty, it still looks shiny!! Good Luck!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 15 Feb 2008, 06:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I agree with some of the people here. The California duster will work somewhat if you do it every day, but will only work if there has been no moisture or dew on the car. Black is very bad about circles in the paint but no worries. They do make waxes especially to take out circles. Not sure of the brand names off hand, but any Pepboys or similar place will carry it. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep any car looking good all the time, but the PT Cruiser is worth it don't ya think? :-)
Old 15 Feb 2008, 07:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Definitely worth the effort! I catch myself gazing out the back door to the driveway and staring at it. I'm in love.

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition
Old 16 Feb 2008, 03:32 am
Regular Cruiser

I always thought my Plum showed every speck of dirt--OMG, the black is just ridiculous LOL I have owned it just two weeks and have washed it three times!

Good car washes are plentiful here in California, where expensive cars abound. Most of them are hand wash, and I never had any problem with having my plum PT washed in them--its paint looked new at the time of its death. I am not interested in getting out there and washing my car, nor do I have that kind of time.

I have a CA Car Duster and used it on the plum PT frequently. It does work and doesnt scratch--of course that is if there is no grit on the car. Dont use it if you have any road splatter on the car. It is only for light dusting!

And how much do I miss my ceramic brake pads (I had put them on my plum PT). I hate these filthy Chrysler pads!
Old 16 Feb 2008, 10:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

May I ask what happened to your purple PT?