Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sirius Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2008, 01:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Sirius Questions

I wasn't getting any responses on the Sound and Security forum so thought I'd post here.

I am thinking of getting Sirius for my PT. I've never had satelite radio before so I've been surfing the net and trying to figure it all out. I want to get a receiver and have it installed so I don't have wires all over or bad reception. I don't need a fancy receiver but can I ask where others are having the receivers mounted and how? I don't want to ruin the looks of my interior so any suggestions are welcomed. Point me in the right direction! If I go to Best Buy (I have lots of Xmas gift cards to spend) I know they will try to sell me way more fancy than I need so I want to go in with some knowledge to avoid the power sales pitches.

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition
Old 22 Feb 2008, 05:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Sirius Questions

i have sirius for over 3 yrs and i love it !!
Old 22 Feb 2008, 06:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sirius was in my PT when I bought it. But, friends of mine went to Circuit City, purchased a unit that has basically a dial on a wire. They have put it on their dash, it tells the song, singer etc. Much better than mine. Next time I'll get that kind rather than the built in one.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 22 Feb 2008, 10:25 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolieCruiser View Post
I wasn't getting any responses on the Sound and Security forum so thought I'd post here.

I am thinking of getting Sirius for my PT. I've never had satelite radio before so I've been surfing the net and trying to figure it all out. I want to get a receiver and have it installed so I don't have wires all over or bad reception. I don't need a fancy receiver but can I ask where others are having the receivers mounted and how? I don't want to ruin the looks of my interior so any suggestions are welcomed. Point me in the right direction! If I go to Best Buy (I have lots of Xmas gift cards to spend) I know they will try to sell me way more fancy than I need so I want to go in with some knowledge to avoid the power sales pitches.
Sirius is alright for long trips. I like mine I hooked it up when I got my Kenwood headunit installed. I have the receiver in the rear passanger side fender well. It was a PITA to mount in there. Lately though on the channels I like there been to much dang DJ talking and not enough music.
RF power mids and highs
Kicker solo-baric L5's x2
Old 24 Feb 2008, 05:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

I had a Stratus 4 installed today at BestBuy. It looks very nice sitting on top of my dash in the little flat space above the clock. I absolutely love it! The radio stations around here play so much advertisements...I just wanna cruise to tunes. Plus I love all the choices. And the second best thing I'm liking is I can listen on line for free! Now I can't wait to get to work tomorrow to see if I can listen on line there. I am sooooo loving this and my PT Cruiser!

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition
Old 24 Feb 2008, 07:39 pm
Regular Cruiser

My 2004 came with a factory-installed Sirius receiver and it is active. I have no idea who activated it, when or for how long. I guess one day it will just shut off. When that day comes, how do I reactivate it? I dont know the serial number or anything else about it. Can Sirius find it by the VIN #?

I love it too--especially BBC Radio 1. LA's radio stations are just total crap and it is so nice to be able to get music all the time! And stuff you dont hear on regular radio...
Old 24 Feb 2008, 09:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Do you have the owners manual? I wasn't sure if my factory stereo had Sirius or not but did find in my manual there is a series of buttons to hold and it will give you the id number you need when you have the radio off and in the accessory position. That's how I found my model didn't have it. I'm not sure if the 04 and 06 stereos are the same but if they are I can get the info for you from my manual tomorrow.

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition
Old 24 Feb 2008, 09:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

I do have it (as you see, I am not one of those people who ever looks at it, though and I will look for the secret button combination. I think the 06 radio is different, but thanks for offering
Old 04 Mar 2008, 04:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have Sirius on my factory radio which shut off after 1.5 years of free usage. You can sign up directly on sirius.com with your receiver # which your manual will tell you how to obtain from the radio. I paid for lifetime, only worth it if I keep the car for another 3 years. btw, read the find prints if you want to sign up for lifetime subscription.