Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Control arm Bushings!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2008, 12:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Control arm Bushings!!!

Unbelievable!! I need control arm bushings for (PA)state inspection after only 55K miles!!! they were done at 31K miles!! (paid for my DC) is this for real??? Very disappointed!! $900!!!(quoted) time to trade for quality??I called Chysler & they stated not covererd this time!! I beleive defective!! any advice?????
Old 25 Feb 2008, 12:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Control arm Bushings!!!

All I can say is to yell/talk with a district rep, but it might not do any good since you already talked to Chrysler direct.

I don't understand why so many people are having problems with those bushings. On the British PT forum that I belong to it seems to be a real problem and I put it down to the constant damp weather they have over there, but I see more and more people over here having to replace them. I keep checking mine, now at 91K and they look fine. I wonder if Chrysler got a whole batch of bad/defective bushings for the years after mine (Sept 2000). Since yours was already replaced, I don't know what to say about the replacements you got.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 02:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i had to have them changed on wifes pt and mine both cars were in the 20,000 mile range
Old 25 Feb 2008, 04:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Your first mistake was allowint Chrysler to replace the bushings with OEM bushings. They are crap. Should have used Energy Suspension bushings.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 25 Feb 2008, 05:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Agree ,,,,, but charge was intially (free) paid for by Chrysler but now not!! Anyway I got another quote for $372.00 (tax included installed) after market-both sides. **** JUST ANNYED THAT CHRYSLER MAKES SUCK JUNK ON THEIR FACTORY PARTS*** & have to do it 2x's*** I may trade for aused accord ex with 16K miles '05 for $18,500-should I///??
Old 25 Feb 2008, 06:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
Agree ,,,,, but charge was intially (free) paid for by Chrysler but now not!! Anyway I got another quote for $372.00 (tax included installed) after market-both sides. **** JUST ANNYED THAT CHRYSLER MAKES SUCK JUNK ON THEIR FACTORY PARTS*** & have to do it 2x's*** I may trade for aused accord ex with 16K miles '05 for $18,500-should I///??
Isn't it amazing how much more the dealer charges? I just had two trans cooler hoses changed. Dealer wanted $300 and independent shop wanted $100. Guess who I went with?

I don't know if that's a good price for the Accord or not. I'd check local papers, and Kelly Blue Book. Also do a Carfax on the car.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 25 Feb 2008, 09:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Mine started groaning and squeaking about 2 months ago. I went to the dealer and was given a dollar amount that I thought the guy was joking. Decided to find a place I could get the nose of the car off the ground a bit, and started to spray the busings down with a spray lube. Did it twice in a week, has been quiet ever since. I have 124,000 miles on the car. I found a parking lot that had concrete curbs and I put the front wheels up on the curb, so I could crawl under to reach the bushings. Free except for the 2 dollar spray lube.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 12:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

HI GANG: Thanks for the suggestions,,,I went with Crewzin's idea and contacted the service manager who called the chrysler rep & they now agreed to replace arms for $100.00 since they were done only 20K miles ago.Its scheduled for Monday.I do have tro pay for an allignment but Im satisfied so far.thankyou.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 12:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad it worked out 4 U.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 01:22 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

thanks,,I'll drive it a bit longer,,,,,