Advertisements
Error P0441

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2008, 10:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Error P0441

Quote:
441 Evaporative purge flow system not working properly
Is it still capable of driving and what can be done to fix this? i am driving a 2003 pt cruiser
Old 25 Feb 2008, 10:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Error P0441

you should still be able to drive it. the evap purge solenoid could be bad. if you look to the passenger side of the engine compartment, youll see three black solenoids with hoses and wires coming from them. check all the hoses and connections.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 10:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

It use to happen on my 03 PT GT all the time. It would never hurt the engine, it just trip the engine light and that bugged me. I did notice it more if I parked on a small incline or hill. I did the chevron gas treatment in the fuel tank and it would get rid of the problem and the computer would shut the light off at least for a while, 6 to 8 fill-ups and it would come back on.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 04:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

we also get this code off and on with our 2003 GT. It seemed to go away for a while, but it back now solid.

Since this is emissions related I am hoping it will be covered by warranty...
Old 26 Feb 2008, 07:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

You are going to need to replace the Natural Vacum Leak detection pump. It is on the gas tank. The sensor in there sences the vacum in the system. The little switch inside of it goes bad. Trust me... I do them all the time. If you are mechanically inclined you can do it but you will need to lift the rear end up and drop the gas tank some. That's where the lift comes in MIGHTY handy.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 08:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

how much does it cost?
Old 03 Mar 2008, 01:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah, this code just came on for me too. I have an 04 Platinum Edition. I don't notice any driving difference. But, when I opened the gas tank, I smelled a lot of fumes. How much does it cost to repair? I've been driving for the past couple days with it on, and it still stays on. So, I was going to have it looked at.
Old 12 Mar 2011, 10:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartyblarfast View Post
You are going to need to replace the Natural Vacum Leak detection pump. It is on the gas tank. The sensor in there sences the vacum in the system. The little switch inside of it goes bad. Trust me... I do them all the time. If you are mechanically inclined you can do it but you will need to lift the rear end up and drop the gas tank some. That's where the lift comes in MIGHTY handy.
where is the switch/sensor located, directly on top of the tank or closer to the charcoal canister ? any pics?
Old 12 Mar 2011, 11:04 am
Banned

It's on top of the tank. Since it would only be logical that you would buy the switch "before" you drop the tank, you will recognize the assembly when you have dropped the tank, because you will have the new one in your hand to compare it with.

Jerry