PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cruise not engaging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2008, 05:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Cruise not engaging

Hello folks and yes this is my first post

When i start my car *sometimes* when i click to activate my cruise on my 2007 PT Cruiser it will allow me to set the speed, and sometimes it won't come on at all when i press the button. Thats been happening more often now i haven't had my cruise working in over a week and i have read the manual, checked the fuse box under the hood and i can't find the FUSE for the cruise.

Heres my question, 1) what fuse is the activation of the cruise under since the manual and online doesn't tell me what number and 2) what is the fuse size, 10, 20, 30 etc ?? I don't know if its the fuse thats burnt or not, but i dont know why i can't activate my cruise anymore it just stopped and was working almost 2 months with no problems. I'm always on the road for my business and i need the cruise because in the end my heels killing me LOL Anyways any helps appreciated ty ahead of time.

Les
Old 02 Mar 2008, 07:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Cruise not engaging

Thulgar, Welcome to the Forum!!! I see by your avatar that you have a 2006 - 2008, do you still have warranty on it? IF you don't get a answer here, check with your dealer.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 02 Mar 2008, 10:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ya i have a 2007 PT Cruiser.

haven't heard nothing yet from the forms, but i'm hopeful and ya i have bumper to bumper warrenty on it, but this seemed like such a small thing to talk to my dealer about though

Thul
Old 03 Mar 2008, 08:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You have paid for the warranty, take it to the dealer and have them fix it. There is no reason for you to spend time & $$$'s on something that will be fixed for free. The mechanics/techs are depending on you for their income !!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 04 Mar 2008, 08:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

More than likely the switch has gone bad. Pretty common. If you still have warranty take it in!
Old 05 Mar 2008, 12:05 am
Cool Cruiser

bad switch, agree with slarty.