Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT cruiser Hatch spoiler install help needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Mar 2008, 07:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default PT cruiser Hatch spoiler install help needed

Hi I found a 2003 PT cruiser rear spoiler in my colour how do I install it?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 04 Mar 2008, 08:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT cruiser Hatch spoiler install help needed

If it's like my 2001 look at the corner of the hatch when you lift it up and you'll see two small round black plugs. They cover up holes that allow access to the bolts that go through the hatch into the ends of the spoiler. New spoilers have a template that attaches to the outside of the hatch and shows where the holes are to be drilled.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 04 Mar 2008 at 08:17 pm.
Old 05 Mar 2008, 12:48 am
Senior Cruiser

I checked...my 2003 GT does not have any black plug holes...now what???
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 05 Mar 2008, 01:45 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

I just bought a spoiler and brought it to a body shop, they drilled the holes and everything.

I didnt have those plugs either

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 05 Mar 2008, 07:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
I checked...my 2003 GT does not have any black plug holes...now what???
Don't know what to say except that you might have to take a trip to the body shop too, like ucantcme. Do you have the nuts and bolts that attach the spoiler to the hatch? If so, you can always get someone to help while you measure, fit and drill the holes yourself.

Use the old saying: measure twice, cut (drill) once.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Mar 2008, 09:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Take it to a body shop. They have the expertise and equipment, if something goes wrong, its their problem.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Mar 2008, 01:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: PT cruiser Hatch spoiler install help needed

Just mounted an aftermarket spolier on the 2006 soonercruiser. Son and me (a rookie to this myself) did it ourselves. The critical part is.... did the spoiler come with the mounting bolts?
-Then it's just a matter of creating a template to carefully place the spoiler, look at it from several vantage points, and drill the holes in the correct place. What you want is...something that you can stick into the mounting holes in the spoiler, then that item/template is left behind as you lift the spoiler off....indicating exactly where to drill the holes. Be sure round/soften the hole edges and paint the hole edges with an enamel paint to reduce the chance of rust.
-Oh! And be sure the under surface of the mounting of the spoiler has a gasket to further prevent leaks thru the mounting holes into the hatch.
**Mine was even more difficult, since I custom molded-in an LED light into the spolier, and we had to run the wire to the 3rd brake light.
(thanks again Carey)

Frank Lipsinic soonercruiser Photo Gallery - PT Cruiser World

Last edited by soonercruiser; 06 Mar 2008 at 04:44 pm.
Old 05 Mar 2008, 05:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had a spoiler installed on my 2002, the problem I noticed later was that the wiring on the drivers side, the rubber sleeve wore thru. Didn't bother the cables tho, as I taped the rub spot with black electricians tape.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Mar 2008, 06:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have a copy of a template if you need one. I can fax it to you.
Frank
Old 06 Mar 2008, 12:37 am
Senior Cruiser

Thanx Frank I emailed you a fax no.