Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2008, 02:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New Member

Hi Everyone,
New owner of an '07 PT Cruiser Touring Edition. Bought it for $9999 with about 15k on it. I love it!!! I have wanted a PT Cruiser since I saw them when they first came out.

My only issue at this time is the shuddering or hesitation I get when I am in park. My first thought was spark plugs, also heard that some fuel injection fluid might be in order. Anyways....

Don't care about the mileage - yeah, check with me when gas is over $4/gal . Don't care about the outside noise level - which is way better than the Ford Focus (2000) I just gave to my son. I'm in heaven right now - still amazed when I go out and see it sitting in my driveway.

BTW with all the bad weather here, I find that is handles pretty damn good in the snow and ice.

Take care,
Kathy
Old 10 Mar 2008, 07:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New Member

to the forum Kathy. Your stuttering and hesitation could well be your plugs but a better guess would be the plug wires. Chrysler uses cheap wires from the start so do both while your at it. A good bottle of injection cleaner won't hurt (try Chevron Techron). Have fun with your cruiser and be safe.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 08:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

drive the cruiser through a canadian winter and you will change ur mind how it runs thru snow. great handleing but aweful when the snow is deep. sometimes i wish i had a plow on the front
Old 10 Mar 2008, 02:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks CREWZIN, the weather is warming up in the next few days, so I'm going to replace the spark plugs and wires...well actually my husband will be. I have until 36k with the warranty ends, so I am lucky there.

PTcutie, you have to remember that I just came from driving a Ford Focus, so that is my reference point at this time. But I can see how deep snow could be a problem. Hopefully we are done with the big snowfalls, but next year may be an issue. I work nights and of course they don't like to plow when I'm going to work. So I get the added fun of playing the "where is the road" game.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 02:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Kathy,

I didn't even think about you being under warranty. You might want to have the stuttering and hesitation looked at by the dealer before you (your husband) goes pulling off the upper intake to get at the plugs and wires.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 02:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum Kathc1. I am assuming that you purchased it at a dealer? If so, they should cover the stuttering etc. You realize that they will use stock wires & plugs. They will work for a while after that Platinum Plugs and get the wires from www.raceandstreet.com Maggie is the owner and will do you a great job on any MODS!!! You know you are going to do MODS, right???

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 10 Mar 2008, 03:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

Welcome, I'm new here too as of February and everyone on here is sooo nice and knowledgeable. I'm with you on the looking out in the driveway in awe of seeing the PT there. And also amazed how well it does in snow and ice. Glad the snow and ice is almost done here.

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition
Old 10 Mar 2008, 04:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

CREWZIN, You know my husband, huh? . Yeah, probably better to have the dealer look at it first.

Hooligan, thanks for the site! I'll check it out. I never though about mods until I came here. Now you guys have me thinking.

JolieCruiser, we must of been crazy buying the cars during the winter season. I kept envisioning someone running into me my first week.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 06:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

kathc1, i've had mine 4 1/2 weeks now and i park way way out in the parking lots away from everyone and walk (I need the execise anyway) but just a word of warning, it won't get any better worrying about the car, I'm so paranoid its not funny! And even worse yet hearing they won't make them after 2009. I've only got 2000 miles on mine and already thinking the PT won't be around years down the road when I need a new one!

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition
Old 10 Mar 2008, 09:46 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to AlexJB

I think it's a great forum here too, I'm new to the PT and to the US but in the UK most of the car forums (specific to one model) were a bit stuffy and usually had a narrow band of age and interests... I think you call them rice boys over here!

The PT cruiser is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it! and I think you wouldn't be here if you hate it!

Glad you are loving your new cruiser Kath, me too.
Enjoy, its the coolest retro car on the road!