Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My farewell tour...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2008, 03:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Unhappy My farewell tour...

Well, I'll be packing up and moving on. After years of these chats, I am leaving the fold.

You probably saw this coming. My postings dropped off last year.

I stopped chasing new mods, because I had to start chasing the glitches. At first some annoying things. But when I had to call AAA for a tow, I started to consider my options. And over the winter when it showed me some signs of some expensive needs coming up, my sense of trust was lost. I started considering how screwed I would be if the computer decided to quit on NY 17 in a snowstorm.

So I did it. Jumped to the car that has been calling my name for over a year now.

I will miss (most of) you fine folks, and the friendly banter.

Love, Hugs, and may the Dieties of your chosing bless you all.

Fritz T. Coyote.

---------
Dear Mopar:

Last night I traded in my 02 PT for a new Mazdazpeed 3.

I would have loved to trade it in on a new SRT-4 PT Cruiser, but you never bothered making one.
And the Caliber is the Ugliest thing since the Aztec, the SRT-4 version does not cure that.

Of course that SRT-4 PT would have had cheap hard plastic all over the interior, and decontenting would mean I would have lost some features that I have liked about my 02, (A Rear Swaybar, for example) but it still would have been worth it.

Someday, when you find you got nothing but parking lots full of $40,000 gas guzzlers and Chinese-made small cars that are such penalty boxes that even rental companies won't buy them, you might wonder where you went wrong.

It was right here. You got me to buy an American car with the PT, to give a US Automaker another chance. And it was good. For years it was good.
But when it came time for me to trade in, well, you got nothing for me. I don't want something Bigger, and while I like Hemis, I cannot afford to feed one.

I like good looking cars with power and handling and decent mileage and features that make me happy to part with my money, and that can be parked without needing a couple of tugboats.

So I say goodbye to the PT world, and Good Luck to Mopar.

It was fun while it lasted.

Coyote.

Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 20 Mar 2008, 06:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: My farewell tour...

You will be just like KISS on their farewell tour in 2001, now look at them...THEIR BACK with a world tour. So like KISS you're be back sometime. You will miss you PT, how fun it was, how different it was from anything on the road and easy to get in and out of. But enjoy your Mazda, they make great cars.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 07:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

So long Fritz and good luck in your endeavors!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 20 Mar 2008, 09:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

good luck !! stop in sometimes just to say hello !!