Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Whats the fastest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Mar 2008, 12:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Whats the fastest?

What's the fastest MPH you have reached in your PT? I have yet to 'max' the car out.

I've got Ol' Betsy goin 112 down I-96

Whats the governor setting on the PT?

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 24 Mar 2008, 04:03 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Whats the fastest?

115mph in 1320'

S1 MPH is limited at 120, 15% of that and it starts trying to slow it down.

Tom
Old 24 Mar 2008, 10:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

I've had my PT up to 183km/h. That's around 114mph. That was in third gear. I didn't like how slow the engine pulled, it was just sitting almost at redline screaming, so I backed off before I blew something. I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting rev limiter. Seems like the N/A engines don't have much power over 5500rpm. I have trouble getting my car to accelerate above 100mph in OD. I think I read somewhere that the governor is set at 115mph. All I know is it's way to bloody fast for our potholed roads. Bouncing around on an uneven road at that speed in a firmly suspended vehicle doesn't feel cool. My Dynasty was better at those speeds on bad roads, it soaked everything up and felt composed. Just don't do anything other than a straight line!

Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 24 Mar 2008, 10:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverklutz View Post
I've had my PT up to 183km/h. That's around 114mph. That was in third gear. I didn't like how slow the engine pulled, it was just sitting almost at redline screaming, so I backed off before I blew something. I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting rev limiter. Seems like the N/A engines don't have much power over 5500rpm. I have trouble getting my car to accelerate above 100mph in OD. I think I read somewhere that the governor is set at 115mph. All I know is it's way to bloody fast for our potholed roads. Bouncing around on an uneven road at that speed in a firmly suspended vehicle doesn't feel cool. My Dynasty was better at those speeds on bad roads, it soaked everything up and felt composed. Just don't do anything other than a straight line!

Ben
Yeah...I have a hard time trying to keep her around 95, the hills kill me lol. I got to 112 after I was descending on a hill, every little bit counts

I was pretty much racing/pissing off a guy in the other lane. Was wayy too excited to look at my RPM or my speedometer - Just glanced over at my GPS and was like WOAH!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 26 Mar 2008, 05:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Hah only about 105 so far. But man the cruiser eats through gas at those speeds.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 05:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Going across alligator alley between Ft. Lauderdale and Naples, The ex wife and I hit 130 in the PT GT 5 SPEED ,then the gov kicked on and it fell on it's face, the back again. She yelled at me WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, QUIT PLAYING WITH THE GAS PEDAL, I said Your a party pooper.
So it was 130 for me
Old 29 Mar 2008, 07:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

To be honest I've never attempted any top speed records, or at least put any effort into it. Once in a life I tried it my Fastest speed is 120.
Old 29 Mar 2008, 08:44 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Maxed my car out a few times... 120 for me then the speed limiter kicked in. Most memorable for me was when I raced an older Audi TT all the way from the end of North Beach in FT. DeSoto (FL) over the Howard Franklin Bridge into Tampa. Neither of us slowed down for anything but red lights and not once did he pass me, no matter how hard he tried. Surprised the heck outta me, I thought TT's were quick!
Old 31 Mar 2008, 07:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

And this is relevant, why?

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 31 Mar 2008, 10:11 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Steel Blue View Post
And this is relevant, why?
I think he is just curious as to how fast someone has ever taken their PT up to. I have heard some interesting numbers on the ones with the speed limiters removed. I thought I would throw that story out there to explain WHY I had gone that fast.