Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
And, yet, another Newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2008, 02:53 pm
Young Cruiser

Smile And, yet, another Newbie

Hello, everyone. I am new to this board and to PT Cruisers(driving). I just purchased a 2007 PT Cruiser convertible and I love it, eventhough I have not been able to put the top down much lately. It just seems alittle tacky to be driving around with the top down and wearing a parka with the hood up.

Like I said, I love this Inferno Red convertible, but I did make one miscalulation. My golf clubs won't fit in the trunk with the rear seat down. I have to have it folded up. I guess I could just put the top down, when the time comes and seat belt the clubs in an upright position. That way I would be justified in getting a plate that says "GOLF CRT" on it.

I will be bothering all of you with alot of questions in the future, just so I can speed up my "Learning Cruve" about cruising.

Thanks

Jim
Old 25 Mar 2008, 03:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: And, yet, another Newbie

Welcome to the forum Jim. When they came out with the re-designed C5 Corvette, one of the things they designed in it was room for two golf bags across the rear storage area. I guess Chrysler didn't think there'd be too many golfers buying convertibles. Enjoy your ride.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 03:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum, CruisnHskrJim!! Ask your questions, someone will know the answer. Give us some more info, where are you from, what year and type cruiser? The more you list, the less questions we will have as we try to answer your questions.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 25 Mar 2008, 08:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

If I had to guess from the name, I'd venture he's from Nebraska?
Old 25 Mar 2008, 08:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Welcome to the forums. You'll find a lot of help for whatever you need!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 25 Mar 2008, 10:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: And, yet, another Newbie

Welcome Jim!
Me too! The seat folded up to put my clubs in. Of course, I have another hartd top Cruiser that I don't need to do that for them!
(That abbreviation isn't "Husker" is it?)
An OKie!
Old 25 Mar 2008, 11:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Welcome from another inferno owner....This is the best PT site
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 26 Mar 2008, 01:03 am
Young Cruiser

Talking Re: And, yet, another Newbie

Thank you all for the kind words. And yes I am a big Husker fan and I live in Omaha, Ne. I will be transferring my plate "Hskr Jim" From my 1988 Red Berretta GTU to my Cruiser this week. Soonercruiser I saw your handle from previous lurking, so I just had to do it. There has been some awsome OU - NU games in the past and maybe now we might be able to catch up to OU in the future.

Hooligan, I see by your sig that you have chrome side sprear covers. I think (aside from the 2 new front tires that I bought) I want those to be my next purchase for my conv. I love the clean line that they give. Has anyone else had any experience, good or bad, with these covers???

I can't wait for spring and summer to get here and visiting with fellow cruisers on this board.

Jim

Last edited by CruisnHskrJim; 26 Mar 2008 at 01:05 am.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 07:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Hooligan, I see by your sig that you have chrome side sprear covers. I think (aside from the 2 new front tires that I bought) I want those to be my next purchase for my conv. I love the clean line that they give. Has anyone else had any experience, good or bad, with these covers???

I had them on my '02 before I traded it in. These were purchased from Maggie at www.raceandstreet.com as was most of my "chrome" pieces.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar