PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pt repair manual

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2008, 09:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tm05cruiser
Default pt repair manual

Went to a parts store today to get a manual for my 05 cruiser. They only had a listing for a Haynes manual 01 - 03 cruiser , any idea if most of the listings would be the same . I need to start doing some maintenance on mine , 2005 with 33,000 miles on it , such as tranny filter and so on. Wondering if the torque settings for the tranny pan bolts would be the same on all years , and also need to do front brakes . And im sure i will be doing other things as the miles add up . Or maybe someone knows of another make of manual that goes to 05 . Thanks
Old 25 Mar 2008, 11:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: pt repair manual

My Chrysler: Chrysler Owners Service Manuals - Chrysler Cars, Minivans, SUVs, Convertibles, Crossovers

Straight from the Chrysler Website

Hope this helps.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 26 Mar 2008, 07:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Search this site. The last couple of days there were postings for a free download of the service manual.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 26 Mar 2008, 09:33 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

You can find that thread here:

Free Pt Repair Manual for all

Or you can just download the file from:

http://www.royaltygaming.com/pt/PTFixIt.zip

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 26 Mar 2008, 10:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

ucantcme,

I have WinZip and Adobe 7.01. I downloaded the PTFixit from OBsidian Corp but when it comes up and I hit "Manual" nothing happens. All the other pages come up but not the manual. What am I doing wrong?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 12:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Crewzin,

Should have posted this earlier. I ran into the same problem. The silly thing is that when you click over on the right hand side in the white space it'll come up a few seconds later. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 01:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_shadetree View Post
Hey Crewzin,

Should have posted this earlier. I ran into the same problem. The silly thing is that when you click over on the right hand side in the white space it'll come up a few seconds later. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Nope. "Main, Help, Search"...all come up instantly while "OBSidian, update and software" all give me "The website address you entered could not be found".

Clicking on "Manual" or over on the white page (with the red PT) doesn't seem to do anything.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 01:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The company appears to be gone now. Guess there wasn't enough demand back then. What I meant about clicking on the white space was first click on the Manual button. That will clear the red cruiser image on the right and leave you with a white page. Click in the white space and the manual should appear.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 01:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

One additional note if you don't want to bother with Obsidians front end you can find the .pdf itself in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\2001-2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Repair Manual\Additional\data\
Old 26 Mar 2008, 01:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Nope. Clicking on the "Manual" doesn't clear the other side (with the PT).

Going to the Cprograms/files 2001- etc. only gives me this:

01-04CPTC.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh well, I have the Haynes Manual which has been pretty helpful so far.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 26 Mar 2008 at 01:34 pm.