Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wheel Well

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Mar 2008, 04:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Angry Wheel Well

My right wheel well covering is LOOSE. My headlight is all fogged up, and I can see droplets of water on the lens. I can't find any clips that aren't clipped, and I don't want this

Can anyone help

Thanks!!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 26 Mar 2008, 10:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Wheel Well

was the car in an accident at anytime? did the moisture problem just start or is it an ongoing problem? are you sure all the bolts and retainers are in the liner? there should be several 7mm bolts along the wheelwell and bumper.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 12:13 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

No accident recently. I did get my High Beams put into my car (because my hand can't fit in the area) and I'm thinking thats why it's loose. I can't seem to find anything that isn't bolted in anywhere

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 27 Mar 2008, 09:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: Wheel Well

Water droplets in the lens isn't a loose bolt problem!
That would be a loose screwiin bulb connector....as in, they didn't install the new high beams correctly, or retighten them properly!
The loose wheel well shrouds could contribute to water from the wheel spinning into the area more heavily. I would go to Autozone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's and get some of the generic plastic pop-in connectors; drill some holes where needed, and pop them in to tighten the shroud up a little. That problem could be due to either the tech didn't snap the edges of the covers/shrouds back in corrcetly...or, man-handed them so badly that they broke some of the retaining edges, or lost the pop-in connectors that were there. (I know, because I've done this mysely when in a hurry!)
Old 27 Mar 2008, 10:11 am
Senior Cruiser

I'll be driving back out to Livonia to have a talk with him. He better discount me on some Tints! heh.

My Baby: