Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
No / few Pts at dealers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2008, 12:58 am
Senior Cruiser

Default No / few Pts at dealers

I go to the Chrysler dealerships here in Edmonton Ab Canada from time to time...You hardly see a PT on the lot and never in the showroom now. If they do seem to have any they are plain jane base models and even those are mostly new/used one on the used lots. How come you never see a new Gt at our local dealers? I was reading in another post that the PT is Chryslers #3 seller behind the caravan and 300....to me that seems to be hard to believe. All I see around here on the lots are Rams as Alberta is truck/cowboy country. Also caravans, 300s, calibers, Aspens, dakotas,durangos, and the Jeeps...Cherokees, Libertys, Patriots, Compasses, Wranglers etc... There are like I said millions of used and older PT's around. Quite a difference than when the Pt came out and people had to jump and line up to buy one.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 27 Mar 2008, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs down Re: No / few Pts at dealers

I believe that I've seen a previous thread, that as Chrysler is phasing out the PT, the Canada market is the first one to be losing new shipments.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 12:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: No / few Pts at dealers

I saw quite a few at Long Beach Chrysler when I took mine in to be checked out before buying it. No verts, but lots of wagons. I didnt look to see if they were base, touring or what... I dont like the new ones, never have--and that is why I bought a used one! The new ones look (and are) so stripped down from the 2004-2005s. They look like economy models. Not what I wanted!
Old 28 Mar 2008, 11:44 am
Young Cruiser

I bought a "previous owned" about 4 weeks ago. It is a 2007 Inferno Red convertible. What I have heard since then, is that they have quit making the GT in 2005 and that 2007 will be the last year for the convertible. I hope not, because I have had numerous compliments already and that is with the top up. Damn, I can't wait till Mother Nature gets off her permanent PMS trip and let's us have some good weather. I hope I didn't by a dying breed.

Jim
Old 28 Mar 2008, 12:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisnHskrJim View Post
I bought a "previous owned" about 4 weeks ago. It is a 2007 Inferno Red convertible. What I have heard since then, is that they have quit making the GT in 2005 and that 2007 will be the last year for the convertible. I hope not, because I have had numerous compliments already and that is with the top up. Damn, I can't wait till Mother Nature gets off her permanent PMS trip and let's us have some good weather. I hope I didn't by a dying breed.

Jim
LOL Thats good.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 28 Mar 2008, 04:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: No / few Pts at dealers

More like.....a "Rare Breed"!
Old 28 Mar 2008, 05:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Exclamation Re: No / few Pts at dealers

My dealer has a used Pale Yellow Touring Edition and 6 new PTs in stock including a Sunset Blvd. Street Cruiser.
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 28 Mar 2008, 08:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you read the top posts "News and Announcements" and "News and Rumors", mostly added by the owner of the forum, SKYLIGHT, the latest news is that they are dropping the GT and the convertible and keeping the 4 door PT for the near future with base engine and the Turbo Lite.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 08:09 pm
Young Cruiser

I'm in Canada too and I see the same things here. If the dealerships have any PT's, they are the base models, or are used. It's been this way for a while in my neck of the woods. It's very sad to me.