Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
6.1 Hemi STR8 Magnum Tested

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2008, 06:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default 6.1 Hemi STR8 Magnum Tested

Thats right folks I can't wipe the smile off my face. All I can say is Holy HEMIroids.....This car's performance is out of this HEMIsphere!!!!425HP feels awesome. I got to take it out on city roads and than out onto the highway. This car is a MONSTER taht PULLS like a freighttrain!!!This car was bright RED and had SPEEDING TICKET written all over it. This was an EMOTIONAL Experience. I havent felt this kind of thrust since my ride in a 420HP Audi R8 and that car is 160000$$$. The value for the buck is unreal but at 12mgg city on premium fuel for a 6.1L425HP fuel vaporizer must be an endless expensive trip to the pump. Than again this car would obviiously be a Sunday or summer evening driver. I love the automatic+tiptronic transmission. I was crawling quite slow at one point when I noticed someone rearending me. I floored it "gently" and that car seemed to vanish in my rearview mirror. It had NAVI, 20" wheels, Brembo brakes, a KICKER sound system. The battery is mounted in the rear and there is no spare tire. Just a tire inflator kit. It even had a rear DVD in the console that flipped up. with 2 wireless headphones. I would never want to listen to the radio etc as the sound of that engine as you nail it is MUSIC to the ears. The price for this 07 7000km car was 42000Canadian. I see you can buy the exact same car on ebay for a buy now price of 28000$ US. This is where I would go......if i WERE TO PROCEED. The leather interior with the racing style VIper like seats were awesome as were the Viper like guages. The engine compartement with the black and red with grey and chrome spelling out 6.1 HEMI was SWEET. Apparently this car is very very RARE. Only 7 were brought to all of CANADA> It was traded in by some guy for a Chrysler Aspen SUV....probably as a result of his wife telling him to take it BACK!!!What more can I say...this kind of thing to me is better than Christmas. You see lots of SRT8 Chargers and 300's and soon Challengers by the handfull but this rare beast is sure to be a appreciating COLLECTABLE>.......I hope you have enjoyed this post...But if you really want ENJOYMENT Go to a Chrysler dealer and just look very interested in anything they have on the lot with this engine...HECK take a Cherokee Jeep SRT8 out for a drive.........BUT BE WARNED Go TO the Bathroom first and watch out for RADAR. I know I kind of wasted the salesman's time and their is some guilt in that BUT He even stated he LOVES any chance to get out of the Dealership and go for a ride in a SRT8.If 425HPisn't enuf to please you for 30-40000$$$ the salesman said you can modify the engine up to even more than 800++++HP!!!!!YEE HA......I have read about such mods on these SRT8s in car magazines. Oh God why didn't I become an automotive Journalist I think this would be my DREAM JOB. Well sorry for the verbal diarrhea...just thought I would share. Trust me head out to a Chrysler dealer tonight and see for yourselves. It will make your PT feel like a pedal bike in comparison.:rolleyes
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 27 Mar 2008, 06:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: 6.1 Hemi STR8 Magnum Tested

Thanks for making us all jealous, lol.

It's alright - I sometimes think I got a 6.1L V8 Hemi 425HP car and it doesn't work out too well, hehe.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 27 Mar 2008, 07:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Might as well wait for the Challenger SRT-8.... A tru 2 door muscle car indeed...

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 28 Mar 2008, 12:10 am
Senior Cruiser

The salesman said the Challenger will not be as collectable as they will be a dime a dozen...like I said only 7 Magnum SRT8s in 2007 were allocated for all of Canada. It is said to be certainly an appreciating investment and a future collectable. Wish I had the means to buy it and put it away except for the usual Sunday summer drive. Unfortunateley I am one of those people who can't swing it. But I bet down the road I will regret it. Maybe down the road it will be worth a mint like old Chargers with Hemis, old Cudas, Daytonas,Superbirds,Superbees,Challengers, Roadrunners,Shelbys etc that we now see crossing the block for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob