Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
The Postmand Always Rings Twice, But Today He Rang Thrice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2008, 08:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default The Postman Always Rings Twice, But Today He Rang Thrice

The UPS, the USPS, and the FedEx guys all showed up today. I'm in man-heaven.

First, my H&R coilover set was most important. Came from FedEx. Bought on clearance from TireRack for the cost of a regular set of Tokico Blues and Eibach ---- $466. These are pimp. Progressively wound springs, all German made, front struts are anodized aluminum, adjustable for up to 2.5" drop.

Then, the Airaid cold air kit thanks to USPS.

Then, UPS brought my Mopar Foglight kit. Will probably wait to install these after I recieve my stainless steel lower grill louvres.

The Airaid is already installed (right after taking the pics). It was easy, but if anybody has any advice or tricks on installing the coilovers or foglights, please share. My time is precious, and I don't want to spend all day at the garage with these installs that should be fairly simple.

Last edited by lakersfan1; 28 Mar 2008 at 10:28 am.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 12:34 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: The Postmand Always Rings Twice, But Today He Rang Thrice

That's awesome. That's a lot of stuff to add to your PT. I personally can't help, but someone will come along with some info.

I'm likin' those shocks/struts!!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 28 Mar 2008, 01:53 am
Senior Cruiser

Waiting for my postman... Waiting for hood nozzle/jet covers and e-brake handle....Patience is a virtue.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 28 Mar 2008, 09:08 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
Waiting for my postman... Waiting for hood nozzle/jet covers and e-brake handle....Patience is a virtue.
You don't have foggers on your PT??

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 28 Mar 2008, 10:10 am
Senior Cruiser

Are you referring to foglights? .....foggers?????...I have factoru GT fog lights
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 28 Mar 2008, 12:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
Are you referring to foglights? .....foggers?????...I have factoru GT fog lights
Sorry, I got you and the guy that posted mixed up.

Yeah - Foggers = Fog Lights, lol.

My Baby:

Old 28 Mar 2008, 04:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: The Postmand Always Rings Twice, But Today He Rang Thrice

As the "Psychology Monitor" for Web site, I must point out that having all three primary U.S. shipping services deliver PT parts to your home in the same day warrants a mandatory "Diagnosis"!!!!
**You are now designated an official " PT MODOMANIAC" !!

(Be happy I didn't hook you up to the computer and charge a diagnostic fee - $95)
Old 28 Mar 2008, 04:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
As the "Psychology Monitor" for Web site, I must point out that having all three primary U.S. shipping services deliver PT parts to your home in the same day warrants a mandatory "Diagnosis"!!!!
**You are now designated an official " PT MODOMANIAC" !!

(Be happy I didn't hook you up to the computer and charge a diagnostic fee - $95)
Lmao...Nice!

My Baby:

Old 28 Mar 2008, 05:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
**You are now designated an official " PT MODOMANIAC" !![/B][/SIZE]
My whole reason for buying the new PT was I got carried away with my previous car. My previous car was a Mazda MX3, which there was NO support for in the aftermarket. I was just a stereo guy and thought it was a cool little car to put a stereo in. A year later, I had a Ford Probe V6 engine block torn apart in my living room (to my wife's great pleasure). I had no idea what I was doing, but a few months later, I had an engine rebuild and swap under my belt. I later (since there was no support for drop-in anything aftermarket)completely fabbed all the rear suspension bits to accept various off-the shelf Energy Suspension bits so MX3's had options besides ordering expensive bits from Australia.

Anyways, I bought the PT Cruiser because since I've joined the Army, I've had hardly any personal time so I needed a car that was complete, under warranty, could carry all my Army gear, and wouldn't tempt me to modify it. I said .... "What could be more benign and boring than a PT Cruiser?" And the price was right. Dealer was glad to accept my lowball offer to get a car that has been wasting space on his lot for a year off his inventory.

A couple weeks later, I realized the stock bushings and tranny fluid was crap. In the process of digging for poly shifter bushings and synthetic tranny fluid (both installed in the first month along with TSW alloy wheels and Falken tires) I realized the aftermarket for the PT Cruiser is H-U-G-E. And since the parts for this car are actually made for this engine and/or car, any mods would be E-A-S-Y compared to what I had before.

So that said, I bought some MSD plug wires and Bosch +4 today. Also have a order into Tirerack for an H&R rear roll bar. And my car is only a baby still with 4,000 miles. There goes my whole 'no modification' policy. At least it's not football season.

Oh, and ...... My wife checked a book out of the library this week about modifying PT Cruisers thinking she was such a great wife. A few hours later she asked what I was looking at on the computer. I replied 'Hey! Did you know they make supercharger kits for the PT Cruiser? I didn't even know till you showed me this book."

"Supercharger? What? How much does that cost???"

"About $3,000"

The look of horror on her face when she realized the error in what she'd done was priceless.

Last edited by lakersfan1; 28 Mar 2008 at 05:09 pm.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 06:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Haha. It's truely addictive once you put your first mod on the car. It's awesome though.

She'll be thrilled to have that supercharger package on the front door, haha.

My Baby: