Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
iS THIS ARARE COLOUR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2008, 12:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default iS THIS ARARE COLOUR?

Hi I just drove a autostick 04 GT green in colour with leater, sunroof, spoiler, 17"chrome wheels, and a chrome pkg....42000km on it...I live in Canada...They were asking about 145oo$ . It was quite peppy with the autostick and the hi output turbo. Is this a rare car/colour? How many were made....I thought I read once that this colour was very rare.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 28 Mar 2008, 12:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: iS THIS ARARE COLOUR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
Hi I just drove a autostick 04 GT green in colour with leater, sunroof, spoiler, 17"chrome wheels, and a chrome pkg....42000km on it...I live in Canada...They were asking about 145oo$ . It was quite peppy with the autostick and the hi output turbo. Is this a rare car/colour? How many were made....I thought I read once that this colour was very rare.
I've seen Green PT's before. I wouldn't think it was a "rare" color...Too bad you didn't take a pic.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 28 Mar 2008, 01:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

I dont know maybe I am off my rocker....I thought I read once that only 100 and some green GTs were made of that colour.....its kind of a green light aqua colour. Maybe I have it mixed up with something else or what I read on the net was wrong. I saw one today that I drove and someone on the next block has the same green one so I would think they can't be that rare....Anyone else know of a special rare green GT
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 28 Mar 2008, 02:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

I saw one at an auto dealer a couple weeks ago. I've seen others around this area too.

Jolie
2006 Touring Edition
Old 28 Mar 2008, 02:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

I thought only the Dream Cruisers were the limited number...Maybe I'm wrong.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 28 Mar 2008, 05:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Exclamation Re: iS THIS ARARE COLOUR?

Sounds like you are talking about the Sea Mist Green. I don't know how many were made but I believe the color was discontinued mid way through the production year.
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 28 Mar 2008, 06:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Kinda like the Taupe, Was only available for the 2001 PT's.

My Baby:

Old 28 Mar 2008, 07:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Here is a list of the PT colours for 2004. It claims that there were two different greens that year. No matter what the year, green shades tend to be much more rare than the more often seen shades such as red, silver, black, and blue. There aren't very many seamist PT's. It's quite rare to see one, and if you have a turbo, I'd say that it's even rarer yet. I'm not sure of exact numbers, but they are fairly rare.

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Color Chart
Old 28 Mar 2008, 08:00 pm
Young Cruiser

I just found this over at the ptcruiserclub forums.

Quote:
ANSWER: Very rare!

FACTS: According to Daimler-Chrysler, a total of 1857 PT Cruisers were manufactured in the 2004 model year in Bright Seamist Green Metallic. Of those, only 146 GT models were made! After only a few months of production, this new 2004 color was discontinued for "unknown reasons".
That answers your question. There were only 146 Seamist GT's produced, which makes it a very rare car. You can go back and buy it now!
Old 28 Mar 2008, 09:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

I am pretty sure it was a Seamist green . It was a 2004 GT autostick with chrome appearance pkg, black leater, and sunroof. If I didn't have a GT I would probably buy it or if we needed another car.I would consider it. Thats what I thought that there were only 146 of these....The car only had 46000KM and appeared mint although dusty.