Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WHEEL BEARING TOPIC AGAIN!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Apr 2008, 07:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default WHEEL BEARING TOPIC AGAIN!!

Ok My 2003 PT which is garaged & babyed & bought new had its R Front wheel bearin(whole hub assembly & bearing replace 2/12/2007 at 44924 miles.I appealed to Chrysler & they did it for good will repair under a coutesey warranty for $100.00 (supposedly with a warranty of 12/12k miles. Ok here we go again-bearing is making noise same side- again it needs replacing but the dealer & Chrysler both say it on me to a tune of $200+ dollars! Ouch,,I'm not so angry on the price but the hastle of doing the same job again,last month it was control arms(2nd time) Is Chysler using inferior parts & are they really interested in helping the customer out? The service manager stated that they are cutting their loses with my claims (meaning Chrysler customer assistance)& its now on me! Any suggestions?? My CC company also is looking at possible covering it though-since they double any auto parts-bought or installed 2X the manufacturers warranty which is 12/12K ,,what a pain in the a...... { 56868miles now!! not even 12k yet,,,,,,,,}

Last edited by mjb457; 02 Apr 2008 at 07:24 pm.
Old 02 Apr 2008, 07:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: WHEEL BEARING TOPIC AGAIN!!

I'm waiting to hear the noise again. I've read on the forums before that buying an after market Wheel Bearing and having a trusted mechanic do it will be your best bet.

I had a family mechanic do my Wheel Bearings for $190 including parts.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 03 Apr 2008, 08:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Mechanic rediagnosed issue & now states wheel bearings all are fine! He stated that noise is tires which were just balanced & may work itself out,,or new tires!,,,but his lousey service advisor has charged me $40.00 to tell me this!! He flatly stated we dont work for free! Not a very enjoyable experience! I lost my faith in dealers now!!! The mechanic is very concerned & admitted the mistake but i still must pay,,they are very slow there also (not very busy)
Old 03 Apr 2008, 09:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Your best bet would be to find another shop to repair your car. Easiest way to do that is to talk to friends, family, etc to find out which shop does the work in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner and is located in your area.. Dealer shops typically charge a premium for parts and labor hours to offset the much less lucrative warranty work, fact of life. You don't have to DIY to get the car fixed properly, just do your homework on who is best suited to do it for you. I'd be happy to do it for you, but I don't have the foggiest clue where you are geographically. Good luck with this!