Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Being a new PT Cruiser owner, I was...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Apr 2008, 03:13 pm
Young Cruiser

Smile Being a new PT Cruiser owner, I was...

wondering about increasing performance of my 2007 convertible touring turbo. It is the 180 hp version.

I was reading a thread that was started 2004 about perfomance. In 2004, TechnoBear said that you could unhook the neg. cable from the battery and then after 10 - 15 min. you rehook it and the go out and drive it hard and the "learning computer" would adapt to you driving style (hard). Is this true and does that idea still hold for 3 - 4 yr. later models???

If this is still true I may not want to touch this one, because the previous owner must have had a "drag racing" foot like me. I was very surprised a pleased with the way it took off when the turbo kicked. I look for bigger cars to pick on now. I think my daughter described it best, after giving her, your husband and 2 kid a ride in it. After everyone was in, in her neigborhood, she said Step on it". I did for about 2 blocks. After we got back to her house, she told my wife...."That Thing has some Balls". I loved it and have to agree with her on that.

CruisnHskrJim
Old 09 Apr 2008, 03:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Being a new PT Cruiser owner, I was...

I think that probably applies a bit more to the N/A engines. You may want to double check if they work, but a stage 1 mopar kit would be awesome. If I'm remembering what I read correctly your car already has large injectors and it's just a computer upgrade. I think it brings you up to 240hp. If you check in the turbo section and look for threads talking about stage 1 you'll find more info about it.

The good thing about the 'turbo lite' version of your car is that it's identical to the GT powertrain wise and just has a different PCM.

Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 09 Apr 2008, 03:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Being a new PT Cruiser owner, I was...

HA HA You think just resetting the pcm makes your turbo a beast then go ahead and get Stage 1. You'll never wipe the smile off of your face.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic